Keuka Jigging

My brother and I are going to give jigging a try tomorrow morning on Keuka for a few hours.  I have all trolling gear, so I don't have lures for jigging right now.  I know it's late notice, but is there anywhere near Addison/Corning area that would have some good jigging lures that I'd be able to pick up sometime today?  Or maybe something that Walmart carries that works well for jigging?  From what I've heard, our best bet would probably be to jig somewhere around the bluff?  Feel free to PM me if you have any suggestions, and thank you to everyone in advance for the advice!!

I'm having the same problem! Never jigged for them before either. I work at dicks so one would thing I would be able to get the stuff easy. Both field and stream and dicks have all the plastics but no 1oz jig heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Big white or green tube jigs work great... Also 3/8 or 1 oz bucktail jigs also 4 inch white mister twisters work well .... My experience was through the ice over there but should get similar results. .. Hills Valleys and Streams in Elmira carries most of that.... Open til 7 today

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sean - As much as I detest Walmart it might be a quick fix for you.  These are in 1/2 oz and 1 oz size respectively if you can find them

post-145411-0-83592300-1431105587_thumb.jpg

post-145411-0-56668600-1431106257_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

I bought some jiggin supplies for my nephews and HVS is the best bet.  I looked at Dicks and Field and Stream and I do not think you will get much there.  Need weight to get to the bottom and hard to find that in cookie cutter stores.

Good luck

Hope you do better than I did Wednesday. 10 hours on Keuka jigging and bbrought home 4 Lakers. Wow. Lots of them just north of end of bluff on west branch but had serious lock jaw. I am blaming on the full moon.As good an excuse as any I figure. Ha Ha. They were in 160 - 170 fow. Good news was boat ran well for first 2015 trip. Bad news I have trailer light issues and trying to fix them is driving me up the wall.There is always something with a 25 year old rig. Say, might want to try hermit on here. I use his jigs and plastics most of the time. Good stuff.

Another option for limited supplies is making your own tube rig with a 1 oz. trolling sinker.  Add treble, put the tube on and poke the front of the trolling sinker out the front of the tube.  Also if all you have are smaller jigs you can add a rubber core sinker 2' up the line.  

Whatever you come up with I wouldn't try going less than 3/4 oz.  It's pretty deep by the bluff.  Bucktails can be very good though with the smaller keuka fish sometimes they have trouble getting big hooks in their mouths.

Hey guff good you hear you're getting out.  Good luck with the trailer!  

Edited by hermit

I'm having the same problem! Never jigged for them before either. I work at dicks so one would thing I would be able to get the stuff easy. Both field and stream and dicks have all the plastics but no 1oz jig heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Field and Stream has 1oz jig heads...saw them a couple days ago.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Because I had very little time I stopped at Walmart and got a few tube jigs with some jig heads to try in the morning. We will be launching at the South end, but I think we might just motor up near the bluff to start with in the morning. Any suggestions on depths to start at?