Lake Erie

rhoyt

I fished out of Barcelona two days over memorial weekend. Very slow for walleye unless you're night fishing the shallows. I fished 45-75fow. Both east and west of Barcelona. Surface temps ranged from 58 degrees to 52 degrees depending on the depth I was fishing. Temp 25 ft down was 54 degrees regardless of where I was. I only picked up a few walleye. But the ones I did averaged 32in and 10lbs. The lake trout where on fire. I hammered them, both on the bottom and suspended.

We got out by the windmills after 1 pm, we only managed 3 walleye and a steelhead about 8 lbs, all on harnesses at 1.6 mph.A couple friends we talked to they were quiting at 2 pm and both boats had limits for two persons, they were bottom bouncing worm harnesses with electric trolling motor in 32 to 37 ft of water off Ford Plant.

No I believe he is referring to the windmills south of Buffalo.

You can fish like he posted on any rock pile adjacent to a spawning location on the eastern basin. I will confirm that the day time bite off the reefs west of dunkirk during the day have been nothing short of exceptional. We also have been catching Browns mixed in. Sunday morning we boxed 13 eyes, 5 bass and a brown in 4 hrs.

Walleye have been in the 3 to 6 lb range all caught off short cores with sticks. It won't be long until those fish move off shore last year it was the first week of June.

Yeah I'm just not set up for shallow fishing. I need to learn how to use lead core I guess. I've always fished walleye 50ft and deeper. I need to step my game up