Seneca

Awesome job man! ! I fished Seneca as well yesterday didnt get as much as a touch.. Marked fish early but no takers. When sun came up suspend marks disappeared. . Toughest day I've had on Seneca in years... Hope these fish show up soon.. Beginning to wonder. ..

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger Mike I was skunked the last two times out which is also pretty rare but it seems that most years right before the derby things are dead and the fish are nowhere to be seen and then all of a sudden things pop and they appear out of nowhere. I still haven't figured it out  aside from seeing the deep ones near bait during that period.

We had such a bad day yesterday that the beers didn't even taste good didn't even taste good hahahahahaha mr mike and I did try a lot I even added a few things to his arsenal that were on that boat before he will thank me someday during a tournament for it I'm sure lol but it was nice on the lake and good job nice catch on a tough weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Fishing has sucked on Seneca. No where near the number of Salmon or Browns that we had a few years ago. A few good browns and salmon are being caught but the numbers of fish are awful. Looks like we are in for a couple down years. Not that many years ago we would do 40 off fish in a morning not anymore. I hope it picks up in the future. Nice Laker in the pic and great report. Sean

Well I'm glad to know that the fishing has been slow for other people as well and I'm not just cursed. This is my first year fishing this lake. Just moved to Geneva. I am very close to giving up, My buddies keep telling we are doing something wrong, but I know everything is set up right. The fish just aren't there. Ive been out a bunch and only managed one 10lb brown and a small laker.

Was out yesterday at north end mid morning until storm, even tried after the rain stopped for a little, but nothing. I keep telling my buddies maybe we will catch them all Memorial Day weekend. Ha

Ha. I went out right before he got there I passed him on my way out to east side probably 10 mins before as he was in like 7 foot of water on the north end wall. 

Just a little bit closer toward the pier and he would have been snagged up bif time on the old railing submerged there from the old pier :lol:

Mike also had slow day Sunday set south of Glenora headed north to Severn nothing got back to cottage and thru out jerk bait and fun with some northerners lake not far behind today rain will help

You're right  about the fishing Kev. I took one of my biggest Seneca rainbows right off the old pier (10 lbs 6 oz weighed at Harmon's Sport Shop) in my junior year of high school on a spinning rod with 6 lb test line (no net) and a red and white daredevil....even after all these years I remember it as though it was yesterday :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

You're right  about the fishing Kev. I took one of my biggest Seneca rainbows right off the old pier (10 lbs 6 oz weighed at Harmon's Sport Shop) in my junior year of high school on a spinning rod with 6 lb test line (no net) and a red and white daredevil....even after all these years I remember it as though it was yesterday :lol:

Ah Ha!!  Skipping school to go fishing!  Someone from Geneva told me a while back you mainly skipped to spend time in the pool hall.  I always thought you were a bit of a slacker...:)   (just got back from running to the boat to pull the drain plug, fuel tanks were starting to float)

Yeah my dad once said show me a good pool shooter and I'll show you a misspent youth....that was me alright....you're going to be doubly dangerous this year in the derby with that new dock :lol:

Fished north end yesterday after work from about 6-8:15 fished east side  60-120'.  Marked nothing until we got to east side in about 140-100' heading east out of the .  Surface was cold again, 43.  My friends wanted to try out their copper rig, so I told them to bring it. I don't know how these guys can enjoy pulling copper, but they produce fish.  They end up hooking into one on the good old Indian rig, I got 3 guys trying to get in a fish on one rod thing, I'm trying to drive and rig up a 3 color, I look at my starboard side rigger, and its bouncing up and down, yell, buddy grabs it, Now we have a double.  They end up loosing both fish.  Marked tons of fish through the area, and get reset and go through again,  copper rig hits fish before it's even all the way out.

Rigger rod hit the cheater, prob at 50', and copper was a Small NK with orange band with a small flasher in front. Headed back out today after work. Will update after dark tonight.

If i am finally hooking into fish, I bet you guys that have been doing this for a while will be able to get some numbers.  I don't know how you guys that run charters do it with inexperienced people. I know I have a lot of patience, but when your entire boat is in la-la land and your the only one paying attention, man.  I guess I just must really like fishing.  I give you a lot of credit.  I wish I could Just fish alone, but i need the bodies to get the lines in, Legally. 

-MARTIN

Nice report Martin :yes:  Its kinda like the old real estate saying: "location, location, location" :lol:  Seneca isn't always the easiest lake to figure out and it pays to experiment and patience goes a long way while navigating the learning curve :)  I can relate to the inexperienced folks in the boat....my wife and daughter used to go with me during the trout derby (you'll notice I didn't say "fished with me"). They read books and the newspaper and offered encouraging comments like "What is that noise"? when the drag is screaming out and the rod jumping up and down in the back of the boat while I was in the front messing with the boards or outriggers. and stuff like "Dad is it always this boring" while trolling and not having action for a half hour? :lol:  After I lost it a few times they stopped going with me for some strange reason which is still hard to understand.... :(