big boards and traffic

Funny story though on my home lake, I was running a couple of inline planers and it was dead calm. Off my starboard stern comes a boat piloted by a young girl. From the looks of it her dad had her piloting while he stowed dock lines etc....well, she must not have been a fisherman cause when she caught sight of my board, she headed right for it... I think she was curious as hell with what that bright orange thing was and how it was moving through the water all by itself...anyways, once the father got back online and looked up he quickly grabbed the wheel and tried to correct u fortunately her ran over my line and I lost the tackle....kind of funny but did coast me about $10

Some times I will run my boards out without a line on them when I am alone... they help the boat track straight and I can switch a core or flat line out quick if my rigger or dipsey are not firing. I try to stay out of traffic and when the tournament is on this weekend in port dalhousie I will be staying west and out of the way.

When combat trolling in the Fall, Inlines are the best..... Easy to get out of the way when your running in the pack.... Every year, some clowns decide they are going to run big boards waaaay out and try to hog the inside pass....   Thats when Fillet knives get taped to boat hooks and tow lines get sliced....

Those are those Erie fisherman! They seem to think they have 4 rods on each board still and run them waayyyy out there! LOL

Not all of them are from Erie, U-Betcha charters (Oak Orchard) ran over me with his 10 Meter Trojan, he never altered his course, & forced me to pull up my spread, & take a 45 degree course change just to get by his big boards that were at least 200' to each side of his boat.  I hollered at him since he was so close & he basically flipped me off.  This kind of arrogance has no place on the great Lady O!

Edited by Iceman

Yea that's the kind of thing that was being talked about on the radio.  The boats under discussion Wednesday were from Canada, not Erie.  All in all though, the bar wasn't too bad all week.  I've seen it worse.