1989 sea ox 230C

cuttermag

Nada price says $6790 -$7720 ( I guessed on which 225hp motor and put 26' tandem axle and hard top for options).I think Nada prices are better for cars.There outboard prices are way low in my opinon.My buddy in Florida has a Sea Ox just about the same as that (size and year).It is a good fishing platform my only complant is they are a rough ride.There hulls are a little to flat on the bottom and they tend to slap instead of cutting the wave like a deep v.

I had a 25' walk around with twin Johnson 150's on an armstrong bracket on it. They are a great boat. Mimic of a Grady, built down the street from Grady's way back when and workers would switch between the companies depending on who was paying more at the time. At least that is what I was told. That 25 I had was awesome riding. I don't know how it differers from the boat Sean rode in but mine was a deep V with a 19 deg dead rise. Trim the tabs down and she'd eat up a 4' chop at 24 kts. We would launch off the tops of a few rouge waves back then and landing wasn't always smooth lol. I had a lot of compliments from other boaters running in side by side in rough seas they never saw a 25 run so well. Like I say key to that boat was nose down and 4k rpm. She liked to run fast. Fishing wise it was a very stable platform. Only reasons I got rid of it was because it liked to drink the fuel and running a six pack out of it six guys was crowding it. If I had had unlimited funds for fuel and wasn't chartering I probably would have kept it.

Spike