Dirty Hooker LOC Report

After getting into spring KIngs off Oswego 2 years ago I knew we had to do that again so last fall when we saw the LOTSA school in Jan My good friend Randy Savage and myself decided to enroll so we could learn about the spring King game in the western end of the Lake. We had agreat time and learned some new tips and gained some knowledge on reading Lake Ontarios water colors.We found another friend that was interested in joining us for an exploration of the western lake. We headed out tues eve and had arrived at Irondiquoit Bay shortly after daybreak wed morn. We had  a tough day managed 5 skippers and 2 small steelies. After getting a tip from Two Tails (thanks Mike) on the bite earlier in the week out of Wilson off we headed to finish our journey. Thurs we managed 6 kings and I lost count of how many Lakers on a mixture of spoons and ff on the dipseys.Fri we found mostly a spoon bite and did 11 kings and 14 lakers. Knowing Sat was invitational day My crew and I launched at 4 and were all set up by 5 in hopes of boxing a few prior to all the boats at 6. It was neat to hear the roar of all the boats at 6 even  before we could see any of them. Our plan worked we had 3 kings in the box by the time the pack arrived.

Shortly later our wire deeper diver starts screaming we had a white green dot spindoctor trailing a proam out 125 .Mike was the first to the rod .After about 20 mins he had it to the back of the boat for me to net. I knew it was a good fish just did not know how good until my 2 scales showed 24+. We pulled our gear and ran to the weigh station not knowing they did not open until 9. At 9 our hopes were confirmed as the scales showed 24# 9oz. we headed back out to only manage a couple more lakers for the rest of the day. We were relieved at the end of the day to see our catch held. Sun we followed the same program early it was a blast had 2 solid hours in the back of the boat continuously tending to rods netting fish/fighting fish  a mixture of kings and lakers. We ended sun morn at 9 with 6 kings in the box all teens but it was time to start our journey back. After cleaning our catch from the morning we packed up the boat and headed to Sodus with our prize winning catch watching the leaderboard every 15 min.Well it held. I  WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL THOSE THAT CONTRIBUTE ON THIS FORUM. With out this as a resource for lodging techniques and tips this trip and lifetime memory would have never happened.

Thank You

Scott Keeler( Dawg)

Enjoy the pics

2B00DDF8-7B46-43B3-BCD7-F6762D730952_zps

884E6A8D-1E55-4650-BA68-058F4F10A03A_zps

245FE6AB-AAB9-496B-9930-88F41C2872FC_zps

B89A66E5-FB04-4B62-8555-36F84D61782A_zpswbvq0mgh.jpg

Way to make a plan work as drawn up.  I thought about doing something similar but my lazy crew did not want to go until 9 am......  Nice work gents.  :yes:  :yes:

Edited by Gill-T

Fantastic job guys and awesome stories, got to read both 1st & 2nd place winners, super job.to you and your crew, hopefully you guys will stay as a team for future events to come!!