Oneida

C3M

Headed up to the Sylvan Beach area for Memorial Day weekend to look for some eyes. Reports on here are scattered at best. Past three years seem to continue to decline. Was wondering in your opinion if it would be best to spend time in Fish Creek instead of the open water. Open to all suggestions. Also if anyone is looking for a buddy or two to join them let me know I will gladly pitch in for gas/food/bait. Thx

-Chris

C3m

I would not fish fish creek or any of the shallows on the east end which would be traditional "good bets". Instead, focus efforts along the north shore flat. Check shallows first then check the break line into deeper water. I fished Fish Creek entrance into the canal, the canal out into to the lake and all shallow areas along the east side last Wed. and should have just trusted the graph which was preaching "dead water". It was a waste of time fishing there. However, we have had some rains and west winds and that may have drawn in bait to these areas, so you can't rule it out but I wouldn't spend much time on east end if you arent getting results or seeing much on the graph.

Edited by tugger