Auto Pilot Help

I have a Thompson 240 fishermen and  am looking at buy a 9.9 kicker. I have power asist steering. But no point in running the boat to use my existing auto pilot. What options are there for the kicker? Garmin seems to have lots of auto pilots, but all for big boats. Do they make one just for the kickers?

x2 on the TR1 Gold

A hydraulic AP made just for kickers

Quick, responsive and quiet, will even give you electronic throttle control if you want it

Have one on a 25' Penn Yan with a T9.9 kicker and can't imagine being without it

Last I knew they were in short supply right now, could try Calumet Marine

That is what I have been running on my boat now for a few years and love it.  This is Phil - I am up quite a lot for the rest of the season - give me a call (I think you have my number - if not PM me) and check it out.  I am running it on a Honda 15hp.

Also customer service is great - have had some questions over the years and they are always happy to help out and last year the hydraulic pump went and they had a new one in the mail the same day.

Looking forward to seeing you again.

I've been using a TR-1 for trolling since 2002. Would not want to troll any other way!!! Current boat is a 22ft Penyan outrage with a 9.9 merc prokicker 4 stroke, Previous boat was 24ft Lund sportcabin  with 9.9 yami. You should be able to find some videos on TR-1 on youtube.Bought mine from Calumet marine they were great at helping with install and programing. Steering and throtle all from one remote. No longer does someone have to be locked to the steering wheel to have a fun day of trolling. Its the best way to set up a boat for trolling IMHO. 

I also have s Thompson 240. Look at the octopus remote drive unit. Pair it with a digital throttle control and you are set can go in back of boat steer while netting if needed. Have had mine for 3 seasons now and it gets used every weekend for a min of 6 to 8 hrs everyday

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Ontario United mobile app