New Fishing Regs as of April 1

I guess I understand that they are trying to reduce the mortality of released fish but wouldn't that apply to either season in or out?Pretty sure the fish isn't going to say "Oh I'm in season therefor I shall survive after being released" ??????

This really doesn't make any sense. Either allow pictures of fish released in any season and educate the public on correct handling techniques or just disallow the taking of pictures of any fish released.

Enforcement is also going to be an issue. 

Spike

Better yet, go back to the way it was, and make it illegal to target ANY fish not in season. Before it was legal to target bass before the season, we were fishing for perch and the fish com. Came over to our boat and asked what we where fishing for? I replied perch, he said you know this area is a good bass area, and can he look in our live wells, I said certainly all we had was perch, he said he didn't know such nice perch were in this area, and he was concerned we where pulling the females bass of the nest, now it's legal to catch and release of bass? This is the most dumb thing they did. Make it illegal to target any fish before its season and you wouldn't have these guys holding huge smallies and large mouth up for a picture in fear they will be fined for taking a fish out of season. It's that simple.