Rod holders

The new canons with pistol grip adjustment are awesome fit finish and function are flawless you can even rotate one from the side for a rod straight out the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Looking for a suggestion on what rod holders you guys prefer?  i have a 4 inch wide track on either side of my boat that is roughly 36" long.

Prefer Cannon's and Bert's. I have them both and I really don't have a preference. Both are excellent.

I love my cannon dual axis rod holders. I use four of them. Two on each side of the gunwale. Run two wire dipsy rods on each side of the boat. They are machined nice and lock up solid. Easy to adjust on the fly as well. The Cisco stuff is super nice but also super expensive.

I love my cannon dual axis rod holders. I use four of them. Two on each side of the gunwale. Run two wire dipsy rods on each side of the boat. They are machined nice and lock up solid. Easy to adjust on the fly as well. The Cisco stuff is super nice but also super expensive.

Did you look at the single axis ones? Do you really need that second axis?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I did. And I do like the dual axis. It really lets me tweak my dipsy setup and get good angles on the rods. I usually have the most rearward dipsys aimed slightly towards the back of the boat. And the dipsys closest to the bow aimed slightly toward the bow. It gives a good spread between the rod tips. And I can have one rod slightly higher than the other. So when I'm under my roof sitting in the captains chair I can see all the rod tips easily. My view of the rear dipsys isn't obscured by the front ones. Does that make sense? Kind of hard to explain