3.5 lbs.

post-140268-1431748650153_thumb.jpg

No..neither does this one..an endangered fish specie taken by the DNR of Maryland...it is a picture, but in NY,..King Cuomo only knows. Waste of state resource patrolling Internet pictures of fish, instead of possession of the illegal fish itself.

I catch and release bass during this period when artificial is legal. I understand the regs state you need to release them as quickly as possible, but does that mean you can not take pics of them?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I dont think the yahoos that made the new regulation even know what the heck the details of it are.  Im actually not all that opposed to it either.  Head up to Lake Placid some time and fish the waters up there, you see non stop guys holding trout out of the water taking multiple pictures until the fish no longer is able to recover.  However its a catch and release area as well so not sure it would help that situation or not cause the damn law is un-clear as usual. 

Neither do I. Just checked the new reg highlights and didnt see anything there. I remember clearly reading a few years back that a photo was permissable but you needed to get the fish back in the water as soon as possible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'm going to the islands this weekend and am bound to catch some smallys while pike and perch fishing. Am I aloud to take a photo

NO.  Apparently there is no catch and release season on the Larry with artificials, so catching them by any method means you must get it back in the water immediately.

Edited by MadPerry

You can have a friend take a picture while the fish is being released,but you cannot hold him up for a picture. If you target bass over there and you get caught,you are in deep doodoo

I dont think the yahoos that made the new regulation even know what the heck the details of it are.  Im actually not all that opposed to it either.  Head up to Lake Placid some time and fish the waters up there, you see non stop guys holding trout out of the water taking multiple pictures until the fish no longer is able to recover.  However its a catch and release area as well so not sure it would help that situation or not cause the damn law is un-clear as usual. 

The Yahoos are the DEC and yes they do know what they are doing.

Does this photo qualify as a DEC infraction & ticket under the new law?

No it didn't. Irondequoit Bay is a Ontario tributary.It has catch and release bass season with artificial lures. You can photograph fish in catch and release seasons.