The offshore gig is my favorite time also!! Monster steel head, no other boats in sight for days on end and add them big deep summer kings... How can you not love it!!!! I will take offshore fishing over any other fishing on Lake Ontario hands down! Glad to see I'm not the only one that spends a ton on gas running out there for weeks on end lol

These were the screens we got all day once we dialed them in. You can actually see the down speed on fishawk (1.4) and GPS speed (1.7). Water temp at 70 foot rigger was 42.8.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-152622-14321680432374_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jeremy Goodison

Should do it fine. I'm using a factory transducer (83 200) nothing special. I know I played with mine Alot and seemed to lose effectiveness. When in doubt I go back to factory default setting and then tweek it from there. No huge adjustments at once. Past 100 fow make sure your on 83. I would have to check my ping and such to tell you my exact settings.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Gambler.. Thanks! I really thought he was talking about east end.. Where do you think I should go on the East end?

I used to fish the east end out of the Little salmon river,head north out to around 100fow, lots of lakers.

Gotta love Lakers when the kings haven't showed or you can't find them, keeps you busy at the back of the boat! The Laker population is strong and healthy!