Sup from SE PA.

Hi Guys ,

I have been watching this sight for a while and just signed up last month, GREAT STUFF!! Everyone is pretty generous and helpful.

Im new to lady o trolling the last couple years ,wish I could go more ,as knowledge and money allow I have been trying to accumulate

whatever I can to make it better for me and my two boys 21 and 14.

I have an 18 foot sea ark ,semi-v John boat with a jet motor ,I know I look funny trolling on the lake on nice days but what are

ya gonna do.We fish a lot on the susquehanna river (shallow and rocky).No name for the boat.

We fish for a lot of different species , just flat out love to fish, unfortunately for my wife I have been laser focused

on this site and ,you tube or anywhere to get familiar with trolling lake ontario.

Please go easy on me if I ask the same questions maybe asked a hundred times ,Im sure its answered here somewhere and I didnt find it yet.

I have no pet species I would like to catch more of , they are all awesome in their own way,I just wanna catchem.

Thank you in advance ,

Chuck

Hi Bill, Thanks for the offer to help.

I do have a question ,Ive fished a bit out of oswego , but would like to try your neck of the woods,

I have an 18' semi v john boat , when i look at a map and see how rochester is situated would it be true

if there was an east wind I could get a little protection from the wind and still get into some fish there,

since I have a smaller boat.

Welcome aboard Chuck!! First off everybody has to start somewhere right? There are lots of guys on here willing to lend a hand or give useful info. There's no such thing as a dumb question, "unless you ask the same question 3 or 4 times LOL" I fished with a buddy who had a 115hp jet on the Delaware river, that's one sweet ride go anywhere you want if you got 6" of water. I don't know how that will work on the big pond, but hey give it a shot. I will try to help where I can so don't be shy. There are many good days ahead of us. PAP

Chuck,  Rochester is fairly well protected with the wind from all directions except NNW, N, & NNE.  Luckily those winds are fairly rare.  Directly out of the N & the channel gets real rough.  Other directions generally don't bother my 18 ft'r unless they're really howling.  Sandy is just beyond the point on the map and gets rougher with a west wind.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Hi Bill, Thanks for the offer to help.

I do have a question ,Ive fished a bit out of oswego , but would like to try your neck of the woods,

I have an 18' semi v john boat , when i look at a map and see how rochester is situated would it be true

if there was an east wind I could get a little protection from the wind and still get into some fish there,

since I have a smaller boat.

east and northeast wind isn't much fun and normally not too productive    south and west are usually the best