Conesus 5.8.08 (Thursday night)

Got out with my brother for a bit Thursday evening/night. Went 1 for 2, netted a 12 pound, 31" eye with a DEC tag in the mouth. Still waiting to hear back the information on this fish. I will post once I get it. Sorry about the late report, was away from my computer since Thursday. Flat lining bombers with a 150 foot lead. Weather was perfect, North wind with plenty of clouds. Will get out again this week.

Steve

SharkBait,

I'm still waiting to hear back from the DEC about the tag. That was the first fish that I have ever caught with a tag, pretty cool. Like a dumb a**, I left my camera at the house. So I do not have any pictures of him :? . I'll take a picture of that tag and get it posted.

Looks like you gays had a good day on Saturday!

8 pike

6 walleye

home by noon Priceless!!!

Way to go!!!

What were your times that you picked up your eyes and what sticks were you using?

Are you getting out this week?

Let me know.

Steve

Doug,

That must have been fun! Nothing like bouncing riggers off the bottom. I was considering doing that during the day. Now I may have too. It would certainly help on getting some sleep at night. Thanks for the report Doug!

I'll re-post as soon as they get back to me.

Cool beans

Steve

Steve -

Nice job on the big tagged eye.

I landed and released a Conesus tagged fish in 2001 - wrote down the number and sent off a note to DEC. They took a couple of weeks to write back, but sent a letter saying the fish was originally tagged on April 4, 1991, mature female 23.4 inches long and 5 years old at the time of tagging. Meaning when I caught her she was 15+ years old. I recall she was just short of 9 pounds at the time I let her go.

Tag looked like a bird band in the lower jaw. The one I released was 8C2717 - I still have the letter from DEC. Been looking for her ever since...I'll be out tomorrow to look some more...

waterdog

when you guys use riggers on conesus what depths do you troll them at. tried it yesterday with no luck but one eye on a flatlined husky jerk. any help would be great! if anyone catches a nice sized eye with a blue husky jerk in her mouth let me know!!! won't bore you with details but made a rookie mistake at the boat with no net. my buddy was ticked!

Some more information from the DEC...According to the DEC records, the eye that I caught was tagged on April 11th of 2002 in the Conesus inlet. This female was 25.2 inches and was 7 years old. When I caught her she was 12 pounds, 31 inches and was 13 years old. Pretty cool! I have not taken a picture of the tag yet, my bad, but I will and get it posted. Looking forward to the weekend with the nasty conditions coming in...perfect for the eyes! I'll catch you guys out this weekend for sure.

Steve

Cool beans Steve,

It sure makes me think twice about keeping a fish knowing that if you C&R that fish has potential grow for another ten years and make the books some day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But they sure do taste good

And I don’t feel to guilty keeping one for the frying pan every other trip

Ill be looking for some good reports tomorrow when I get back

Good luck

when you guys use riggers on conesus what depths do you troll them at. tried it yesterday with no luck but one eye on a flatlined husky jerk. any help would be great! if anyone catches a nice sized eye with a blue husky jerk in her mouth let me know!!! won't bore you with details but made a rookie mistake at the boat with no net. my buddy was ticked!

He wasn't that ticked 8)