copper and planer boards

Hi Guys,

New to great lakes trolling and trying to improve . I have caught fish on slide divers ,and flat lining with mono and different weights.

I have some copper now on some older ,slow retrieve reels, I have them and dont have cash for better reels right now,but wanted

to give it a try.

I have 100,150 200 250, 300 feet ,thought I would run longer ones out the back ,shorter ones on boards,In addition to

divers and weighted braid , I have an 18 foot john boat and no riggers.

Lets say im catching fish on the 200 ,but only have the one set up. If I mark the copper with shrink tube (which seems to slide )

every fifty feet , I could use the the longer copper and set it shorter on the board, but worried about slipping or damaging

the copper where I connect it. Any Ideas or is this ???

Btw Im using blood run 32 lb copper

Thanks ,

Chuck

When you run a shortened copper off the back, no board, Is it ok to use the twilly tip because of the copper.

So there is no copper damage .

It seems there is no good way to run the shortened copper of a board without damaging it???

I could be over thinking the what ifs.

And thank you for the diagram , a picture is worth a thousand words.

There is not truly a need for a twilli tip with copper it is a soft metal unlike stainless steel or titanium.

Instead of "shorter" coppers, think "longer".  What I mean is, if the 200 is taking fish - use a system like torpedo weights or snap weights on the 100 and the 150 copper.  You can do this by attatching a weight just after the copper is deployed and then letting another 50 to 100 feet of line out before attaching your planer board.

I've done this with my leadcore (10-color) and my 150 copper when the 300 copper is firing.