Bear Creek Bandit Bar Report

Friday AM We went out of the river into 7-8 footers with thoughts of turning around. We finally managed to get some depth and trolled around for a couple of hours. As we were pulling rods to come in the lead core takes a rip. After a hour of fighting we put our first king of the year in the boat. It was 18# and came on glow stinger ladderback 10 colors out over 110fow.

PM We waited until 1:30pm and went back out on the lake. It was 3-4 and dieing down. We started at the can and trolled the drop off. We went 3 for 5 all fish came on spoons. We had to work very hard to manage a bite. (thanks Glen)

Sat AM On the water at 5am. Jeff Zimmer (timeout) came out with us for the day. We started out inside working from 35ft to 55ft and we were on the fish hard. Riggers and the leadcore were hot. The morning bite was a spoon bite for us. Chicken wing took a lot of the fish for us. Afternoon was a lot slower. We ended up 9 for 11 and had a great time! Sounded like the fish were a little east of the river Sunday.

Sunday AM We started in shallow again to find the fish and bait were gone and the inside water had warmed up a bit. We only missed one fish for the couple of hours we were out. But at the marina we got to see the big laker being weighed. I think it went 26.12...it was a beautiful fish! Man those guys were stoked!! First trip to the bar for me on my boat and I loved it...I'll be back next year! Wolf

wish i'd of been there to see those guys "stoked" at the weigh station. we've been staying at the same place and hanging out for years along with a tourney on lake erie. friday on the blow off day we were sitting around having a little party talking about how a big laker could take it. at the time we both had 2 on the board. we placed our third sat. and left for home. couldn't believe to see his laker on the board yesterday on the loc web page. he almost pulled it off. he''l probably still be stoked when i see him at dunkirk in july.