First Trip out this year, First Trip with the new boat (to me), and my First Trip out of Sodus (docked up there this year) everything this year will be a learning curve fishing Sodus this year for me.

Headed west, setup in about 40ft of water didnt really see much on the screen or going on, saw the other boats so trolled towards them. Nothing much going on there either, was a very slow day, wasnt marking many fish or bait anywhere.

Trolled with the boats, outside of the boats, all by myself, fished from 40ft to 125ft. Went through spoon colors, F/F colors, fished many depth columns really couldnt find anything to go.

Fished from 6:30am to Noon - Ended the day 3/3 with about a 5lb Coho (Frosted Mixed Veggie Spoon), about 5lb Steelie (UV Wonder Bread Spoon), and about a 8lb Laker (Captian V F/F Combo). Still was a great day to fish though and the Boat ran good.

Quick question for you guys that fish out of Sodus, What channel do you guys use mostly?

Thanks in advance.

Channel 9, and sometimes further west the guys out of hughes and pultneyville use 68.  Welcome to Sodus, the fishing is tough (except for lakers) for the next 4-6 weeks...really have to grind it out.... But July and August are a lot more fun!!!!!

Outtaline is my boat, feel free to hail me!!!

Jason

Channel 9, and sometimes further west the guys out of hughes and pultneyville use 68.  Welcome to Sodus, the fishing is tough (except for lakers) for the next 4-6 weeks...really have to grind it out.... But July and August are a lot more fun!!!!!

Outtaline is my boat, feel free to hail me!!!

Jason

Thanks for the info, and I will take you up on that hail offer..currently my boat name is Sheza (I bought it late last year and havent had a chance to change it).

Any info on Brown's out of Sodus you could Provide?

Thanks again.

Definitely fish the temp breaks right now. We did some awesome steelies this week. Even doubled up on 2 majors on Sunday. They are there, you just have to grind

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

As willie said fish are there you need to work for them! Best bite for me has been early till about 830am mixed bags of Browns, kings and Lakers

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Last week there were still browns around the mouth and pier heads....some people trolling inside the channel.  I would still be running a stick bait program near the surface and some evil eyes, cleo's and stinger sized spoons on the riggers or leadcore lines.  Fish any color you can find.....I would still be working off Maxwell Creek from 10fow out to 60 fow, but if its gin clear and cold then your going to find browns somewhere else!  Who knows were.....  if you have the time, run down to Ginna and fish Bear Creek to Ginna, as that warm water is probably still holding fish.

Any browns I have been catching have been on leadcore and free sliders out over 50-80 fow while looking for kings and steelies!

Good luck!!!