Blind squirrel sportfishing rochester report - roc is fired up still

Port of Rochester and Lake Ontario still fired up! The King salmon bite has been insane the past 4 or 5 days. 55' to 100' foot of water has been key location. Averaged 25 fish on each time out over the past four days with Saturday being best day boating 27 and losing 5 others. Spin doctors/fly in glow/green. Spoons have been anything green/glow or black. Great Lakes lure company Keuka wobblers have been also taken. Few steelhead and Browns mixed in with the salmon on free sliders. Most kings in the 15-17 pound range with a few tipping the 20lb mark.

Piratesholly-

Maybe escape or one of the sandy creek boys will post what's going on down that way. We have been working genny to webster mostly but have been to braddocks and lighthouse a few times but not any further towards Hamlin way yet.

These winds are gonna change things up a bit. I would check the lake surface temp maps from Devils nose to braddocks. Look for a strong surface temp brake they start to show up between now and 1st week of June usually. They can be insane for surface steelhead action and occasional Kings.

If no good brakes then set up in 55' and roll north from there. Again these winds gonna change things. A lot of our bigger kings have been caught and marked close to bottom so if yA see them on graph they may not be lakers.

Best spoons for us have been super slim style or 28 size mags have taken some fish but mostly slow for us. Long leads off the riggers have also been key 35-60 back off ball. Free sliders have taken some fish also-/-- Great Lakes lure Keuka wobblers and SS. Hope this helps and good luck

Thanks for the info. I am heading to Hamlin Beach state park on Thursday. Will be fishing Thursday Friday and Saturday. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

We are all on channel 72 @ Sandy. I'm sure from the chatter you will get an idea of what's happening

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Great Lakes lure company, Jason just took the company back over from his father so no website yet. You can either reach him on here.... Great Lakes lure maker or in facebook at Great Lakes lure company.

The wobblers are a great "old school" spoon. Unique shape and action. Plus a speed range that is incredible I have pulled them at 3.6 and still hold their action!