Lakers between point breeze and ibay

I wrote a report two days ago about lakers at sandy creek. Their in there thick and their are lunkers consistent. Fyi these fish live a long time and taste horrible. The best we can do to release them helps everybody. This time of year they survive the fight very well. However in a month as surface warms way up they have a hard time recovering from the fight. Food for thought.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hey Jeremy , is Sandy creek in the area of Point Breeze and Ibay ? Not sure were that is .

100% agree about the big fish, seems to be the same for most species.

Guys correct me if Im wrong ,Ive heard 10-12 lb walley on Lake ontario are about twenty years old ,saw it somewhere

on computer and was figured out thru taging .

And 18" bass are about eight years old ,

Sandy creek is between the two. 30 min east of oak orchard. 30 min west of irondiquoit bay. The laker I caught two days ago just under 25 lbs I would guess is About 20 years old and they live up to 40 years. Problem with lakers surviving is not the Size its the water they prefer. Your pulling them up from 40 degree water making them fight in to 70 degree water in the summer. I've been lucky enough to fish with captain Jeremy Sage of "locked up" and watch him work on a lake trout 30 min along side the boat to get him back to the bottom of the lake in good health. Most guys just throw them over board and so oh well or don't know how to work a fish back to health. I sure didn't until Jeremy showed me. We put average 20 a short trip in the boat last couple outings and only had one that e had to bring home cause of the way it got hooked

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Lake Ontario United mobile app