Braddocks bay pike

The pike action has been hot and heavy...went 12 for 15 Sunday. Many solid 30"/32" fish. Along with this 37" slob. All fish were released. Hot color was chrome post-140970-14320469775644_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I always release in hopes some young kid hooks up on the big fish. Big rattle traps were the key or if you have any like 6in jakes in chrome or white would work. Did catch a few on chrome J11's.... The bay is at 64degrees now but once is hits around 70 it's generally all hammer handle pike.

That pike is a beauty!  I gave up on Braddocks a few years ago because of clarity and water level.  Used to be my favorite bass and pike hole.  Nice to know it's still productive.  I certainly never hooked a 37"er!

Braddocks has it's day's....lots of pressure/pleasure boats and no water . But I live a mile from the launch so that makes it nice for quick outings. Like any body of water once you find a pattern/tactic that works you can be productive

Yes we will see how much they get done. Sad to look at empty and falling apart docks but it does make nice structure for fishing.

All casting by the markers...trolling could work outside the bay on the mud line. Inside the bay I think you'd spend more time catching bottom, I'd say the avg depth is 4ft .........if your not familiar with the bay ONLY go in and out with the markers or you'll need a new lower end.. across the mouth there is an old rail bed / pier not sure it was taken out long before I was born

iceman 05  way to release some big ones, nice fish,is the bay still hot??? never been there before

always wanted to try it.

I have a 18 ' jon with a jet motor  do you think I would be ok in the bay and be able to get around .

Im sure it gets weedy being so shallow would have to go before weeds get thick, jet wont work well then.

Is ther good pike fishing along the shore outside the bay????

I think the improvement projects are slated to commence this year.

the army corp of engineers is building a levee on the outside of the bay to protect it from silt. They are a,so going to dredge it down to 12 feet rather than 6 feet in an effort to make it easier to get in and out... These projects will start this year and end in I believe 2017

Wishinfishin the weeds aren't horrible yet so you'll be fine....fishing has been decent still.....you can fish outside bay for pike I've had the best luck fishing west rather that east when outside of the bay...the water temp hasn't changed to much...good luck if you get out

The project hasn't started yet. However fish and wildlife have done some projects to open areas closed choked out by cattails and on both sides of the parkway