Bees

Patriot

Upon all storage on stands, I tape every through hull port **** with painters tape. Prevents bid nests in the exhaust and bees and other critters in vents and water lines

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Anyone ever have a mud wasp build a mud nest in the cooling water port? Funny how those things can plug a water port and it makes you think you have a bad impeller

Had it happen on my outboard tell-tale. I thought my motor was screwed after 2 impeller replacements then my dad said to stuff some wire up there and plop out it came.

Edited by Chas0218

They love small holes and such .  Used to have a time with LP lines when left open.   There is another one that uses leaves and makes a package about 3 or 4" long..

I worked at a John Deere dealership and it was amazing how many weedeaters that would come in with the mufflers packed solid with mud wasps...People would not believe it until I showed them...

You would think with the oil mixture that would be the last place they would build a nest..But they did..

Edited by MIKEY SEA

Wish I only had bee problems. Once had a mouse or some small rodent get up under the hood of my outboard. Some how I don't know how it did it but made a mess of all the wires. Chewed all the insulation off. Had to re do it all. Not fun.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Lake Ontario United mobile app