Releases for yellow bird planer boards

Has anyone had problems with the releases on yellow bird side planer boards with the line coming out of the release? I bought a few this spring and the release don't seem to hold the line in vey good..anyone reccomend a good release I can switch the originals out with? Thanks for your time .

I had the same problem with my releases after just a few uses. For my bigger yellowbirds I took a pinch pad release that i would run off my bigger planer boards and attached it with an o-ring. For my smaller yellow birds a bought a bow of rubber bands at Dicks made by big jon and wrapped them over the release after the line was clipped it. Hope that helps!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I've used the small yellowbirds for many years without any releases successfully. I exchanged out the split ring that came with them  (older models) to a much bigger one and I use an 8 ft. 12 lb test fluoro leader at the rear for the lure. When the fish hits the split ring slides to the front of the yellowbird (instead of being in the perpendicular position) with very little resistance coming in.