Out of season fish photo

The DEC has decided to start funny people for taking pics of fish that are caught out of season. The fine would be $250 and or a year in jail I think the article stated. The thing that made no sense in the paper article someone posted on the Oneida Diehard thread on Facebook is a pic of a DEC Biologist holding up a white sturgeon right below this article.

The things that got me was the same day the article was posted on the Oneida page, there was pics of a kayak club that had a paper bass tournament at Oneida and posted pics of the fish as well. Bass is catch and immediate release according to the rules, so how can a club have a tournament that requires you to measure the fish length and girth in order for the fish to qualify. Huh

You can take a picture of a fish during catch and release season, but not during closed season.

Being that during closed season, you are not supposed to remove fish from water and release it with as little stress as possible and out of the water as little time as possible (if it has to be removed at unhook).

During C+R season you can target the species and take a pic

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Old Man, i'd be careful making jokes about it like that. Pics on Internet forums are the target for this law and I have no idea how zealous they are at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app