http://www.rapala.com/luhr-jensen/accessories/trolling-accessories/dipsy-diverandreg-snubber/Dipsy+Diver+Snubber.html?start=6&cgid=luhrjensen-accessories-trollingAccessories

Check out the Features.  

• Stretches out almost double its size, inner 115 lb. test braided cord keeps the Snubber from breaking

I hardly ever check them until one breaks.  Then I usually end up changing a bunch because I realize the rubber is dry rotted.  Still, they usually last a decade...  Maybe, it's not like I write the date on them.  And when you have 20+/- dipsys you loose track.

25lb Fluoro to flasher seems light (but if it's working stick with it). Pre rigged flies come with heavier fluoro making your leader the weakest link. Fluoro is no to low stretch which is why instead of snubber most guys choose mono. "Stretches" like a snubber. I just made all my leaders. 40lb big game 6' long for flashes (bigger swivels) , 25lb McCoy mean green 10' long for spoons. Then I make bunch of 10' long 20lb mc coy clear for in line sinkers as a junk line off the planer boards of steelie are up high and hungry. In the end it's all about the drag. If your using Okuma mag pros or budget friendly reels go a little heavy on leaders (drags are consistent) if your using saltist or tekota level reels lighten up. All wrapped up nice on swimming noodles

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Jeremy Goodison

As loose as u can. You wanna be able to make a turn and have your outside dipsy just creep line out. Or if you want your drag set looser, wrap a release around your rod holder and put the release into your line just ahead of the reel. That way when a fish hits your dipsy, the release will fall off and your drag is loose

Edited by Pickerelkiller

I like snubbers. Snubbers make sense especially with wire. Dream weaver snubbers haven't broke for me so far. I've caught and lost fish with them and without them so this debate will live forever.Losses with not due to breakage. Disliking snubbers because they break do to UV damage and age is just as bad as disliking a particular line that broke that's been on your reel for 5yrs. We all know rods are made flexable to absorb shock and retain tension on a fish. When I 1st switched to fireline for bass, walleye fishing I saw my dropped fish/ hook spitters increase drastically. Drags are in place to absorb shock. Trappers sometimes use snubbers to help retain catches, Plannerboards are sometimes pulled  with snubbers. The only advantage I see of not using them is if you run dull hooks and need a more aggressive hookset .

Personally just tight enough to troll without it creeping. Most times when we change directions or wind picks up my speed I'll notice because I'll hear the drag paying out some line. However if I was using Magda pros or comparable reels I would use a snubber or heavy (50lb) leader. With saltist or tekota reels there sensitive enough where I'm confident with no snubber 40lb leader

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app