The Big Bagel :(

OK The g/f and I decided to go to henderson for the weekend. I got the boat all rigged up and we headed up saturday am. Launched the boat at the HH townramp. I was told to look for fish near sackets so we made the 8 to 10 mile or so run up that way. I started out trolling 2 sticks of the boards and 2 bottom bouncers with spinners out the back. I mixed up the sticks with bombers, rapalas, reef runners, thundersticks etc... Both deep and shallow baits. I worked speeds from 1 mph up to 2.2 By about 3 pm i finally found a concentration of fish. I found fish in the 20 range so I started working shallow baits over the top of them. I couldnt buy a bite. (other than perch) Found a lot of fish in 40 fow down 30-35. I set up 4 deep sticks and tried to entice somthing. Wind picked up and we made a rough ride back to the ramp. grabbed some dinner and hit the hay Woke up in the am and lauched at sackets and tried it all over again. Fish were still in the area but I trolled til 2 and couldnt trigger anything. Anyone have ny advice for me.? It was my 1st time up there. Pm me if you want

Landshark,

Black River Bay (Sackets) is usually hit or miss for me. I either get into them or really have a tough time. I've found that I do best there in the late evening right up to dark, especially if there are lots of boats out. If I were going to fish there in the am (which I rarely do - I usually fish another spot in the morning), I would be out right at the crack of dawn. How many boats were out when you fished? All the lures you mentioned seemed to be good. How far back were you running them? I sometimes run my shallow-running lures 200-250 feet behind the boards if the fish seem to be skittish that day. Even if you didn't get any fish at least you got to fish a new area. I think Sackets Harbor is a really cool little town. I'm most likely going to be up there this weekend, so I'll post how I do when I get back. Let me know if you plan on trying again.

I am definately going to try again. I didnt run any lines shorter than 200 ft. I never did fish the evening, latest was til 5 or so. Oh I loved it I had a great time fishing a new area. Im going to pm you and tell you the area that I found the fish.

Mike.. sorry to hear that the trip wasn't more fruitful. You still planning on fishing the tourney up there? I know there are big walleyes there.. saw them at the MWC weigh in.. but can't really help you with that area as I haven't fished it. I think we're finally going to get the big boat wet this Friday! Probably Oneida. My buddy Fred is going to start hitting eastern Erie this weekend, so I'll pass on the reports. Couple of good tourneys out there you may want to consider as well! Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

I wont be fishing the tournament out there this coming weekend because some genius of a friend didnt check my walleye schedule and I have to attend his wedding. lol I do plan on fishing the june 21 -22 one up there though. They are hammering the fish on Oneida. I might try to hit it sunday.