First line in the water by 630 in 45 fow . three min in took a solid shot on 35 foot rigger that came unbuttoned quick . signs to a phenomenal day, or not so much. We trolled north west until 140fow with three more shots all which came unbuttoned and landing one nice Atlantic. Short strike after short strike. Swing back around south and trolled into 90-120fow. Worked that depth for last two hrs where we managed a laker (10lb) and three kings (6-10lbs), and lost a bruiser on a dipsy when swivel snapped. 300 copper took the 2 of the kings on a meat rig, rest were spoons. Ended fairly well. Until tomorrow

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Jeremy,

Have been out of Sandy a half dozen times this spring and have been reading your posts. The lakers have been awesome this year, tons of huge ones, hard to land. They sure like to roll up the line.

I've been getting them on Stinger perch (green) spoons fished just off the bottom starting in 30 FOW but they are definitely sliding out deeper. Last week it was 50 FOW. And all the action has been on leadcore off boards not riggers and I think it's because they are skittish in shallow.

I noticed you started in shallow today, saw last week you had been in 100+ FOW. Any reason?

Probably going out Monday.

Would like to meet you sometime.

Brian

Sandy Creek always seems to be the last place to get consistent with kings. So up until today I primarily target the Lakers for volume (I always fish with kids or a newbie). Every year we hammer the Lakers on the same coordinates. If your hooking into Lakers in as shallow as 30 fow go deeper and the class and quantity will go up for you. The big guys prefer that high 30-40 degree water on the bottom which now is in at least 70fow . However today was me and the fishing buddies, and with the reports trickling in for kings in sandy that was the game plan. We set up in 45fow as to hopefully catch an early bite ( but got allot of short strikes). Temps I feel are to warm that shallow and as we slid out the screen got better and the temps were perfect (60 down 45-48 degrees). We had allot in and out of the equipment we just could not seal the deal as often as hoped (maybe the cold front slowed the bite down? The Pros can answer that).

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app