What's up with the Walleye bite

Kevin J Legg

Black River bay is anywhere from 4ft to 36ft. I fish from the last can to the concrete pier on left heading away from river, try the bouys if the wind is out of the southwest from the last can in on either sides, or the north shore start close 10-15 and work out to till you see bait and hooks, troll down to the first point, we had 3 eyes within a hour was going to head back and come through again but blew lower unit. That put the brakes to our eye fishing, I'm on the home stretch with the rebuild, tore off the main shaft.

We took five out of Chaumont Bay yesterday. We fished 6AM till noon. I saw the wagon train next to Cherry Island and chose to avoid it since we were firing rods elsewhere. I would say the bite is on the rise yet. I took a female walleye last weekend that was still full of eggs. Had I known, I would have sent her back. I didn't expect to see that this late. All of my fish yesterday were taken in 20-30 FOW. Very specific depth and colors were consistent.

There is a good nite bite as well I managed 3 in 45 minutes 2 nights in a row from set up at 8:45 pulled lines at 10:00.  Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to get out in the mornings or during the day.  I have heard some good reports from BRB.