Oneida 5/25

Fish Hunter

Trolled lead/riggers "dives-to" sticks off big boards from 35-45 fow. 

Managed a 2 man limit with quite a few shorts.

61 degree surface temp.

Firetiger, and natural perch patterns did the most of the work.

Nice work Fish Hunter, we have a trailer in the Black River Camp Grounds, and to fish Oneida is on our bucket list, just trailer down, fish the day then head back. I think that would be fun!! A few years ago we spent a week on Oneida, did rather well. Congrats to your day!!

Oneida always amazes me with its walleye.   Sounds like you had a good day.  Middle of day I limited out in 5 feet of water.  Last time out it was in 23 feet.  Talked to guys at the launch and guys fishing in 23 to 27 foot did well, guys in the deep water did well.  Fish all over the place. 

Yep.

Beaucoup' marks constantly.

Some pasted to the bottom, and saw those in groups of 6-8-10, but a LOT of suspended fish.

We watched the floating Rapalas running about 5-6 feet below the balls, and took that into account on the leadcore.

The short fish once hooked, will just come along for the ride on the lead line, barely detectable, but we keep close eye on that.

Came home, cleaned fish, and went over to the farm we hunt(spotted 2 VERY young fawns) and tilled/disc'd/ planted deer food plots 'till about 8 pm.......I was ready for bed after that.

North of the bouys/shipping channel from 109-117.

Cornell and the DEC efforts seem to have the lake a real Walleye factory.

Not monsters but a ton in the 17-20" ranges, or so it appears.

Lake has been fishing real good and seems to be a nice size class of fish to boot.  Hard to give advice where to start as everyone fishes a little different.  Past week I have gotten fish anywhere from 5 foot to 27 fow.  Here many say East end is where its at but can tell you the whole lake is fishing good.  Shakelton, Messenger, around Frenchman and Dutchman, 15 fow and less in evenings in the bays are doing good.  You can be on fish marks and get nada, but move and start producing well.  I have days were all my fish came all in an hour.  Then days where I pick them up here and there.  They are moving around quite a bit I feel and yesterdays bite has disappeared the next day.  Thats Oneida and why its so much fun to fish and why I love walleye fishing.

6 eyes today only 3 keepers I think the cold front and rain had a lot to do with it, where biting early and shut right off. Two eater perch as well not really worth the trip. Better then stairing at the TV all day