Legacy- Memorial Weekend Shakedown

Well we finally had the chance to get the new boat out fishing and im happy to say that she catches fish! 

Late start for us on Saturday morning but we managed a good pick 90-160 fow west of the creek. Lakers inside of 105 fow and Steel and small Kings outside of that. Mixed veggie and coyote on short coppers (100-150') were the hot setup.

Sunday we setup inside of our numbers from the previous day and fished 70-95 fow.  We had a solid pick of Kings and Steel all morning. Very few Lake trout in the area. Once again with the high sun, the fish wanted color. Crazy ****, mixed veggie, coyote on riggers, short coppers, and short core. Divers= *insert crickets* We looked to deep water when we pulled lines and discovered a great break in 170 fow. We pulled 3 more fish off that break as we pulled lines.

Monday we hoping for sundays success only to fall short inside. After a couple hours we had boated 3 Lakers and lost just as many so i pulled it north in search of the break we found late yesterday morning. Once we hit 190 fow rods started to fire. 2 year old Kings kept us busy for the rest of the morning and they wanted meat and paddles and spoons on short coppers!

Glad to hear everthing is working out for you with the new ride. How deep do you think the 100 copper is riding?

20-25' depending on speed

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nice goin and thanx a lot, now I have to rig another rod and reel for the 100 copper.

They are a great addition to the spread!

What is the advantage to a 100 copper that runs that deep compared to 4-5 core that runs the same depth?

Copper = less line out, holds it depth better

I ran 2 100 coppers and 2 5 color cores all weekend and the copper out produced 4 to 1

Hmmm! Good info on the depths of the short coppers. Even though 4,5,6 color leadcore runs similar depths, it doesn't stay there consistently cause of length of leads. Have i got that right?

Hmmm! Good info on the depths of the short coppers. Even though 4,5,6 color leadcore runs similar depths, it doesn't stay there consistently cause of length of leads. Have i got that right?

Lead core more quickly reacts to current and speed changes

Yea Kevin they are more consistent in their depth on a troll. Make a turn well it's sinking nicely. I wanted to hear other people's results on copper. The 200 is a 10 core out, just 100ft less and then some with a much better hook up.

Yea Kevin they are more consistent in their depth on a troll. Make a turn well it's sinking nicely. I wanted to hear other people's results on copper. The 200 is a 10 core out, just 100ft less and then some with a much better hook up.

Gotcha Bruce. I'll have to see if I can piece some copper together to make a shorty up. I know I've got some twisted up sections somewhere. LOL

hey guys , Bloodrun tackle has some great info on copper , check out their pro tips and blogs

It has to do with copper depths vs leadcore and also divers, extensive depth charts with different size copper

and their respective speeds, and tips on making boards pull them better