My boat is still in storage for the year but I managed to hop aboard my buddy Chris's Starcraft for my first trip out for Kings this yr. The two of us left port and headed NE about 6:15. Lines in at 6:30 and immediately had 3 rips on the port rigger but only connected on one. 8 lb king in the box for the picnic that night. We continued East and found a nice pocket of fish in front of the power plant which produced 13 more fish for us before 10:00 when we pulled lines and headed in. Mostly 15-20 lb kings with one post spawn steelie in the mix. Best setup was the King Slammin Spoon from Finger Lakes Tackle on a MUP rig 50-60 down. 200' wires with wht/ grn dot spinny took a few, nbk, and 42nd did as well. It was a little crazy at times with just the two of us but we ended 14 for 19 with a few doubles. I know my dad will be happy with the 30 lbs of filets I have for him next time he comes home. post-149813-14326421069667_thumb.jpgpost-149813-14326421319951_thumb.jpgpost-149813-14326421584449_thumb.jpgpost-149813-14326421741281_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Hey King, sounded like a great dayfor you .

Im new at great lakes trolling and was right where you were yesterday with my two sons and caught one and lost one .

How fast were you going ??? What direction were you trolling and did it matter?????

Please ,any help would be great.

Divers at 200. What kind and size , I have been using slide divers with the ring.

Thanks,

Chuck

Fish were anywhere from 130-200. I was around 2.5 mph. Mostly came on a black spoon and white or a raspberry color. Lil later in the morning a copper was the active one

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Our GPS speed was 2.3 to 2.8. We caught 13 fish heading NE or SE and only 1 heading NW or SW. Divers were standard size with rings. We just kept hitting our little pocket of fish just east of the majority of the boats. I like to get away from the crowd and find my own fish to pick at. Nothing over 20 lbs but we had a blast.