Reel Stories derby weekend

Well, an awesome 5 days straight of fishing, couldn't ask for better weather.

Thursday the run up the lake was peaceful and besutiful. Got some fishing in too. Friday we had a trip, gave us a nice game plan for fishing to come on Saturday morning.

Then saturday, we started off hit and heavy with fish instantly hitting the deck. We fished hard with that mid morning bite going slow and picking back up around noon. It made for a fun trip. The guys loved it. A shot of one of our triples below.

Sunday, with all of the big fish we saw on the board and the locations of their catch, we ran to these waters, again we couldn't break that 9 lb mark. Fueled up in Geneva and worked our way south all afternoon then at about 1 pm we smacked a nice laker on the dipsy, he came in at 11.03. Made the board for the day anyways. Ran to watkins to fish day 3 of the derby.

Monday, we started out with hits instantly, short strikes on high divers. Got a few to stay locked! A few salmon in the 5 to 6 lb range and a beauty brown at 6 am on a core using our favorite Finger Lakes Tackle, this brown gave us a fight for the money. He hit the deck at a 10.66 on my digital but we all agreed we would wait and keep fishing.

Got a few more short salmon and then the bite died at 9. Ran in and went to the scales. Ended up weighing 10.43lbs. Missed by a few ounces. Get em next year!

As always, I enjoyed chatting with all the lou members at the marina as I do every year.

Have a good summer, before we know it labor days here..

Nick

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-145590-1432643244289_thumb.jpg

post-145590-14326433180032_thumb.jpg

post-145590-14326434832195_thumb.jpg

post-145590-14326437209857_thumb.jpg

post-145590-14326437293666_thumb.jpg

post-145590-14326437438294_thumb.jpg

post-145590-14326437826726_thumb.jpg

post-145590-14326437962202_thumb.jpg

Nice going Nick. Looks as though you folks had a lot of fun and that's what it is really all about :)

Nice job Nick. Looked beautiful out there. Love the room in your boat. Makes it comfortable for lots of people. I never made it out. Had problems with linkage. Impossible to find someone to work on it. The Holiday and most marinas are very busy now. Hopefully I can get it fixed in a couple days.

BRENT

Awesome story, I mean right to the seconds, also had some nice days unlike last years derbies. You were bless with some nice fish to bad they didn't make the $$ board, with a sportsman attitude you stated there's always next year. I like your train of thought, congrats to you and your crew. Only one thing that I'm not looking forward to is that one word you used "Labor Day" but in reality it will be here, like you mentioned sooner than we want. Best of luck throughout the season!!!

Thanks fuys. Brent that's too bad. She seized up?

Pap, we get so excited for dpri g to get here then it's gone in a blink of an eye.

Lineman, I could use a few more..

Nick

Nice boat Nick!!! My buddy up north that I fish tourneys with just got a sweet 33' Tiara with 3 new digitrolls and set it up with the same rod holders you got as well. Looks like you guys had a great weekend of fishing as well!

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app