boat crash on 96a

While coming home from Sampson yesterday (and an uneventful derby weekend) there was a 22' islander hardtop  laying in someones lawn off the trailer . boat prob total loss. Flat bed and fd on scene Hope everyone was ok. Anyone know what happened? I was sick that Friday and Saturday am were spent putting the bearings back in the blown out boat trailer hub but this shows that it was fortunate it happened on the site and not on the road. all in all slow pick on lakers  west side , biggest about 7

Wow! That is every boaters nightmare come true and lets hope that nobody was hurt and hopefully they have insurance on the boat and stuff that got messed up etc.It does bring home the point that a lot of stuff can go wrong that we often take for granted. 

A few years ago I was running a car back from west palm beach for an older couple and I was on I-95 in Georgia and there was a brand new Parker probably a 25 or 26 footer laying destroyed in the passing lanes that definitely will give you a stomach ache seeing that. My stomach was messed up until South Carolina..... Woody

I had a trailer crack in half over the tandem axle while towing a 23 penn yan hard top good thing I was lucky and able to get the boat in the water before it hit the pavement it would of been a total loss.It pay,s to invest in a good trailer.

I also had my trailer's cross member rust in half, found out while loading back up at Sampson, I was lucky enough to limp it home and get new ones fabricated ( under my 18', not the new one).

Bob

Before I made the trip north I inspected my wheel bearings, and boy am I glad I did. The seals went and left water in and the races were all pitted, so 4 bearing sets with races and 4 new seals and I wanted the ones that are double lipped and the seal body itself is coated in a thin rubber, then apon further inspection I noticed that 2 tires were showing signs of dry rot cracks on the side walls, till all said and done $450.00 but I was able to tow in confidence, and I shouldn't have to do other than grease and go. Oh new brake lines "metal"