National Lake Trout Derby Weekend

Well this year we picked home port to be Lodi. We started out on big fish Friday with my friends Josh Kevin and Russell we worked in an area that was really untested for me but thought there would be good fish there.. We worked extremely hard all day and only ended up picking up one fish before we called it quits for the day...

Saturday morning we left port bright and early we fished a spot I knew held some good off fish but we only manage to pick up 1 really nice brown that was about 6.5 #... We had to quit that morning at 10 a.m. so I could make it to the weigh station in Watkins to work it for 2 hours we had an absolute blast while we were down there hanging out with the guys and talking fishing while anticipating getting back out there.. Josh Kevin and I got some lunch and headed way north on a really long run to a spot .. We get there and get our program in and not even 5 minutes goes by and we are hooked up with a decent fish run pays off Lowrance is just filled with fish best screen I seen all weekend and we continue putting a pounding on them for hours..These fish were all in the 6# to 9# range and they all had attitude problems hitting the wires and riggers like a ton of bricks... I believe we did close to 30 fish that afternoon keeping some for the lady's and gents in the campground that were asking us for some fillets but we just couldn't get that big one our nicest laker was about 9#s ...

Sunday Josh Matt and myself head back to that spot to see that the temperature has been blown out over night due to wind and mark some fish and get some but just not the quality we had the day before... I had to work Monday so had to call it quits Sunday afternoon but all in all a extremely fun weekend and cant wait to do it again next year... Great to see all the Lou members at big fish Friday... Want to give a big shout out to Finger Lakes Tackle and Bobby Fuller for making top notch spoons and custom paint that gets the job done every time...Nick does a great job of putting big fish Friday together every year and deserves another round of applause.

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-148405-14326507418961_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14326507664381_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14326508049687_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14326509085461_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14326509308081_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14326509778359_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14326510020459_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14326510309305_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14326510604017_thumb.jpg

Edited by Iron Duke

Nice going Mike and good report. Sorry we didn't get a chance to meet up but we never got that far down the lake this time :)  

We didn't get to fish BFF to defend the crown this year because our kicker was down, but Sat morning and Sunday we were on the fish! Led the Brown division til about noon or so Sunday. We were throwing back 9+lb. Browns all afternoon. Marked a ton of big bait in the stretch from Lodi to Sampson. We just kept plugging away at em', lost a few big greasers on the copper rig. Boated over 20 fish Sunday but couldn't break the 10lb. Mark. All in all a great weekend. 36+hrs on the boat was well worth it. We were on the board all weekend and ended up 5th with our last minute entry. Weighed in at 11:59!!! Lol glad to see and meet some more LOU guys who love to fish as hard as we do. Can't wait to do it again next year! Tight lines to all you Boy's the rest of the season. :D

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Good job Mike. Can't always get the big one. At least you got to catch some fish. I sat at home with nothing to do. Boat problems always appear at the worst times. Trying to get it fixed for my first FLTA tourney in a couple weeks. I'm glad everyone had good time on the lake this weekend.

Brent

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nicely done Mike, Awesome screen, 41 degree water still cold but you made the best of it. Great pics.. See ya at Owasco

What was the winning fish weight?

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Nautitroller

Thanks guys !! Definitely was a weekend with its ups and downs but hey thats fishing..

Brent sorry things didnt work out for you this weekend been there feel your pain..

Nauti here's a pic of the end results

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-148405-14326815970126_thumb.jpg

I trolled past you on Sunday and I thought the flags were a great way to remind us all what the weekend is all about! :yes:

Amen brother!! We caught our 5th place Bow at 11:52 just south of Sampson and just threw **** in the boat! We still had a top line out 500+ft. Pulling into port damn near wide open, I can't believe that the outrigger we had for our mast held on with both flags at 35+mph.!!! Lol weighed in at 11:59. Lol the whole ride back to Lodi was an awesome time of reflection on the weekend and the soldiers who paid the ultimate sacrifice to allow us to be able to do such an amazing thing. Glad to be out on the water with you ALL!! :)

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app