A few logistic issues kept us off the water until this past Saturday, but it was a great first outing. 

We set up just east of the red can in about 190 FOW and rigged from there.  The early morning bite was fast and furious, boating 5 kings the first hour, with the largest being 14 lbs.

Most fish came in 210 - 225 FOW, and mostly on the riggers.  The dipseys never fired all day.  The 10 color core took a few shots as well pulling NK 28 black and silver.

By far the best producing setup on the day was running an MC Rocket behind an 11" paddle.  I only had 2 of these on board as I just ordered 2 from Fat Nancys to see if they worked... i'm a believer now.  The rocket produced 8 fish for us on the day, including a very nice, very angry king that weighed in just under 25 lbs that took about 15 minutes to bring in.  85 down was the magic depth for this one.

All in all, we ended the morning 13-18.

Wish this fish came two weeks earlier

IMG_20150523_082001351_zpszssefsps.jpg

I have 60" of 30lb fluro between the paddle and the rocket.  I tied it up so that the stinger sits about in the middle of the Rocket with the treble trailing right at the tip behind.

Ran my first MC Rockets two weeks ago and one took a hit five minutes after it was deployed. Took several other hits that weekend on them. Wasn't running any meat that weekend. Fast forward to this past weekend.......we ran meat and MC Rockets at the same time and the meat far outfished the rockets. Go figure.

TLox......I think a with all the new boats being added to the fleet ( ie Reel Diel , Mmmevy , & Friends) wouldnt it be fun to have a few friendly competitions ......kicking around a possible fishing league?????no different than bowling.....softball.....without the pulled hammys...lol....what do you think? Just remember if its a league your obligated.....

TLox......I think a with all the new boats being added to the fleet ( ie Reel Diel , Mmmevy , & Friends) wouldnt it be fun to have a few friendly competitions ......kicking around a possible fishing league?????no different than bowling.....softball.....without the pulled hammys...lol....what do you think? Just remember if its a league your obligated.....

I think you're onto something here... add a Saturday derby into this, and its much easier on the hammy!

You say no pulled hammies. Funny story- I was fishing small derby a couple years ago and we were having a hard time getting a particular king in the net, so I stretched way out to net this fish and I pulled my hamstring. It was kinda funny but I realized how out of shape I was at that moment.