Torpedoes (the down rigger kind)

A few weeks ago I was careless in shallow water and I lost a torpedo, not the probe heaven thanks.

So anyway, I had to get a replacement and being a firm believer in Murphie laws I ordered 4. If I would have ordered one, it would have joined the first one on the next trip out. Now that I have five they will never get lost.

I ordered a set from Salmon Slayer Vermont  and a set from Trout hunter  Watkins Glen just so I could see what works better for me.

Salmon Slayer 's product is a bit rounded at the nose,much like the Atommik type, They are  black rubber coated, but they do not have an eye at the rear end which are needed when using cannon releases. Price included shipping is $75 and can be paid with paypal.

Trout hunter's product has a slightly more pointed nose, there is no rubber coating,but it does have the eye at the rear end. Price including shipping is $70 for a pair. Trout hunter does not do Paypal.

Both products track equally well and overall performance is much the same. In the end it is personal preference,but there is no quality difference.

Cornelis.

• 2 weeks later...

A few weeks ago I was careless in shallow water and I lost a torpedo, not the probe heaven thanks.

So anyway, I had to get a replacement and being a firm believer in Murphie laws I ordered 4. If I would have ordered one, it would have joined the first one on the next trip out. Now that I have five they will never get lost.

I ordered a set from Salmon Slayer Vermont  and a set from Trout hunter  Watkins Glen just so I could see what works better for me.

Salmon Slayer 's product is a bit rounded at the nose,much like the Atommik type, They are  black rubber coated, but they do not have an eye at the rear end which are needed when using cannon releases. Price included shipping is $75 and can be paid with paypal.

Trout hunter's product has a slightly more pointed nose, there is no rubber coating,but it does have the eye at the rear end. Price including shipping is $70 for a pair. Trout hunter does not do Paypal.

Both products track equally well and overall performance is much the same. In the end it is personal preference,but there is no quality difference.

Cornelis.

I would recommend you run the scotty power grip stacker releases they work great and you can tell if your dragging a skipper a lot easier then the cannon releases. you also wouldn't have to worrie about your one set of weights not having a rear eyelet

Edited by Sheepdog264