Planner reel setup

I'm just took my duel planner board setup apart so i can have two singles. Any tips on how and where to put the reels and pulleys for the best performance? Also how do you guys have the pulleys attached to the boat, with the same style clamp as the reels?? Thanks

jakey

i have mine set up off of my rocket launcher with a clamp works good then take a dog leash and hook to your line to bring it down towards you more for easier hooking up.

hope this helps

wish i had a picture to show ya but i dont

I had mine on a 4x4 inch piece of aluminum, with a 1/2" aluminum electric conduit welded to it, and then threaded a pair of Big Jon 12" arms with pulleys, Bolted to the hardtop (or weld to the rocket launchers), and each side of the hardtop,  had a clamp on Big Jon  reel, worked great as it was 6' above the deck. 

Yes, in theory. We mounted masts at the bow over the winter. It didnt work out well. The six feet added alot of hang ups. The main was getting caught up on everything. We moved them back to the front of the hard top. A simple set up without obsticles makes life easier.