Spin doctors for Lakers

Many, many, many times. 42 second flasher/fly on a deep 600' copper has caught 100's for me along with many on wire - usually a white flasher (i.e. green dot) with a white or green fly.

I have even caught lake trout on a stationary flasher that was sitting on the bottom when my boat became disabled at sea (line around my prop) and my wire lines sank to the bottom and were just dragging along at drifting speed.

I'm not saying that lake trout are easy to catch.....but they're easy to catch....

Good luck,

Chris

I have had a hard time keeping lakers off them at times. Last year I was targeting kings, but caught 4 lakers in 20 minutes raised the dipsys and riggers up 30 ' and they were still hammering them. Then other days you can't them to bite. But yes they produce, maybe not as good as cowbells but they catch lakers.

Edited by Chas0218

Spinneys work fine on lakers or kings especially in deep applications and relatively close to the ball.                                                            

The biggest laker I caught last year was on a 42nd SpinDoctor with a Green Hammer fly 5ft off the bottom in 105fow on lake Erie.  Just a CH under 20lbs.  In my experience, trolling a Spin Doctor and fly close to the bottom is almost as productive as using cow bells and peanuts.  this is on lake erie.  

I made my own lure out of an old soup spoon. Cut the handle down some. And punched a hole in the handle and in the spoon portion. Added some split rings and a treble. Stupid lakers even hit this ugly MF'er. I love it when that rod goes off. I'm going to put it behind a spin doctor and see if it hits more.

Nothing like catching lakers on yard sale flatware. My buddy's just laugh when they see that rod go off. It is a heavy lure. I'm not sure what kind of action the spin doctor will put on it