Chautauqua Musky Season

Not rain, not wind or thunder will keep me off Chautauqua Lake tomorrow! Muskie Slime Time! Good Luck to all that brave the weather tomorrow, treat the big girl's with kindness!I will report on how the early season start went after I get in around dark!

Edited by mostlymuskies

Yes, I will be here all week.Today was a little slow we caught 39 1/4" & 35" muskies in the morning and nothing the remainder of the day.Cullen & John got out way earlier then I did and they caught a nice 42" casting ,37" and another 41"& 36" trolling.Dr Dave caught 4 muskies but biggest was only 36".Two other boats had low 30" fish as well.I did not hear how the Wiley boats did down south.

Back out tomorrow in the rain & thunder if it shows, they called for it today and nothing showed!

post-144733-0-61369100-1433027580_thumb.jpg

post-144733-0-99555100-1433027631_thumb.jpg

Edited by mostlymuskies

Larry if it thunders there's going to be lightning, please come off the water then, there's no fish worth your life, your friend. PAP

Talked to a few more people at Prendergast Campground this morning, a lot of other boats yesterday caught 2 muskies on average. Andresky's caught 7 muskies.After last night's heavy rain and thunder I'm having a nice breakfast this morning before heading out on the water.

Brad and I got out for a couple hours- hot perch 4" Bakers kept getting hit. Heard of a 53" done by a walleye fisherman at Chautauqua.

post-144465-0-04263000-1433087397_thumb.jpg

post-144465-0-68663100-1433087607_thumb.jpg

Edited by zach

Nice one Zach! Very wet and chilly today but we are still on them. Tad was talking up the 4"ers. Let me know if you might be able to make a few for me and Dad.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Looks like I'm the only boat left in the south basin at 3:40 pm.I got a late start at noon, started out with dinks,25",27 1/2",30 1/4" then finally caught a 42 1/2"er.I seen a lot of other boats put their nets to use today as well.Trolling toward Bemis Launch back out tomorrow.

Yeah of course Adam- I am very lucky to able to have em in your boat. Tad told me his PB at West Branch came on one of these new ones - my phone # is 585-414-0138, please get a hold of me and anything you or your father ever need- just ask. Best wishes to all!  

Oldman, The New Early Musky Season is turning out to be very good.But the weather is not being nice, was a cold wet day.Just ran my truck for a hour with Heater on high to dry out, have not looked in the tent yet to see if my sleeping bag is dry!

Looks to be pretty damp around there! I can't get a day off this week. I hope to get there on the 10th. I may try Waneta some evening this week,though i guess it's a muddy mess? Anyone been there yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I don't want to make a big deal of it, and I don't want to be too much of a jerk about it, but...

Larry,

In the future, I would appreciate it if you let me post my own fishing reports, if I wish. I do not want to be included in your reports. I am not sure why you feel the responsibility to post other people's fishing results online without ever asking that person if they want the information shared. I mean it's not like I fished a tournament you organized and you are posting the results. Please let me know if we understand each other.

Thanks,

Adam Andresky

I couldn't agree more!

Larry, for the last few years anytime we bump into each other at the launch and you ask, I lie......Tell you nothing or just one, nothing worth talking or posting about.If I wanted the entire Internet to know my results I would post them myself. Since you are always posting others you obviously see and know I don't.

You should at least ask first.

Also, I know over the last couple years of being involved with NMA members you have pissed several of them off sharing pics on here that they had shared with you not knowing they would be posted.

I can't believe they haven't brought it up to you. I would not be happy if you or any one would post something of mine without asking, it's just the right thing to do.

Expecially for such a delicate fishery the river truly is. Less pressure, the better.

I agree with Adam, not to raise a big stink over it but you should consider asking guys before you post. I'm sure there is others that feel the same way but don't want to say.

Thanks for bringing it up Adam, knowing I feel the same way I can quit avoiding you and not telling you the truth and feel better about it.

Fished Waneta on Sunday with Mark from about 10am till 830pm. Zippo. Drizzle most of the day. Water temp. was 68 to 69 and air temp felt like it never made it over 50. Had pouring rain all the way home except it stopped while we were at Canandaigua exit unloading Mark's gear.

Today was a little tough fishing for me in the cold front, only a couple little muskies under 30".But I did snag a fishing rod & reel combo with a lure attached, if anyone who lost it can describe the rod name, reel name & lure, I would be more then happy to return it to you.

I seen a couple other muskies netted, NOT SURE WHO THEY WERE or WHERE THE BOATS CAME FROM!

Edited by mostlymuskies