Chautauqua Musky Season

Very slow day for every boat that I recieved a report from,zippo!My clients gave up at 1:30 pm because of lack of action and hot sun.I decided to make a run to Long Point for a cheese burger and troll back to Prendergast Launch.Rounding the deep hole off Long Point in 28ft of water the Perchbait rod took a hard hit.I thaught it was going to be something big but turned out to be a 32"er.Saw 2 muskies floating dead near Bell Tower,mid to low 30" fish,someone needs to get better at handling & release!

Very slow day for every boat that I recieved a report from,zippo!My clients gave up at 1:30 pm because of lack of action and hot sun.I decided to make a run to Long Point for a cheese burger and troll back to Prendergast Launch.Rounding the deep hole off Long Point in 28ft of water the Perchbait rod took a hard hit.I thaught it was going to be something big but turned out to be a 32"er.Saw 2 muskies floating dead near Bell Tower,mid to low 30" fish,someone needs to get better at handling & release!

post-142867-14374391752328_thumb.jpgscenes like this are all too common. It's too bad all you need to fish legally is $25 for a license and a pole. When you renew online you don't even get a rule book. The rule book should have a section on handling fish safely and should come with every license. Another good idea would be an online fish handling course. To get people to take it the dec could offer a free year's license on completion. That's a good idea if i do say so myself. I will write the dec and suggest it.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I was down there on Saturday and got 3...the largest was 39.5"  I checked the Three Rivers FB page and here are the results from the tourney:

Chautauqua Team tournament results 2015

28 people signed with 13 teams total
29 legal fish were caught with 3 sub legals

1st Dave Fec & Joel Morrow 7 fish 45.75, 41.5, 34.5,34.5, 31.75, 31 & 30"
2nd Mark & Kyle Lewarchik 4 fish 44, 41, 31, 31"
3rd Mike Coyne & Dave Hummerich 35.5, 34,34,33.5, 32.5"

Big Fish Joel Morrow 45.75"

Thanks to all who came out and supported the club! Our next tournament is August 22nd on the Allegheny River. Stay tuned for more information.

Today we got on the water at noon,with in 15 minutes we had a 45"er in the net.She had 4 hook points in her mouth,after a lot of cutting we decided only to take a measurement and picture in the water.At 4:05 pm we caught another 31"er.We quit at 5 pm to go to a meeting in Dunkirk.Water temp was 76 degrees,with algae green tint to the water.

Edited by mostlymuskies

• 3 weeks later...

Today we had one of those days where everything seemed to go wrong.Started trolling around 9:30 am and has one big rip right away,but no hook up.Then we went all day till 3:45 pm and finally hook up to a high 30" fish to only loose it just out of reach of the net.Finally again we had another chance at a fish that looked to be 44 to 45",it did two Tarpon jumps near the boat and crossed over the two lines on the other side of the boat.With the direction of the wind keeping the fish a distance from the boat we atempted to net the fish and the mess of lines,only to loose another fish.Just at dark we did get a 35"er to save the skunk.I don't ever remember having that much trouble with loosing so many fish in one day.At least we had action!

Today we had one of those days where everything seemed to go wrong.Started trolling around 9:30 am and has one big rip right away,but no hook up.Then we went all day till 3:45 pm and finally hook up to a high 30" fish to only loose it just out of reach of the net.Finally again we had another chance at a fish that looked to be 44 to 45",it did two Tarpon jumps near the boat and crossed over the two lines on the other side of the boat.With the direction of the wind keeping the fish a distance from the boat we atempted to net the fish and the mess of lines,only to loose another fish.Just at dark we did get a 35"er to save the skunk.I don't ever remember having that much trouble with loosing so many fish in one day.At least we had action!

that would be a darned good day in my boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Today we did a half day from 7 am till 1 pm.It was very slow up north in 33 to 35 ft of water,but we marked many big muskies and tons if bait fish.First two hits were on and off in short time,one bent the rod near the handle so was good size.We did manage only a 32 1/2" & 27" muskies!20 down over 33 to 35 ft of water just past Bell Tower north.