Chautauqua Musky Season

Was out trolling today between Prendergast launch and Bell Tower. Marked a ton of fish. 25-35fow. Most big hooks located within 10ft of bottom. Only trolled for 1.5hr. Nothing fired. Going out again tomorrow.

Wednesday was a very slow day for us on the north basin.One 30" muskie at 10 am one lost half way to the boat and two other short rips from 9 am till 8:30 pm.We marked many big hooks out over 30 to 35 ft of water and lots of bait fish,just not much activity!Barometric pressure was 30:14 and falling,surface water temp was 73.4 degrees.Water had a greenish brown tint.There were floating weeds,but manageable!After talking with hatchery personal I found out the temperature of the water being drawn from the bottom of the lake and it was 76 degrees,while the surface was 73.4 on a very hot humid day.This makes me think the Lake has turned over in places,no thermacline either that is usually 25 ft down.

Edited by mostlymuskies

Nikki and I were able to get out with Mike Sperry from Chautauqua Reel Outdoors and do some casting over the weekend. It was a strange bite but Mike got us on some fish during a window that opened up right around noon of all times. Went 1/3 with Mike. Nikki went 3/5 on the previous outing and she would have had a new personal best had someone (cough: me) not botched a net job :thinking:

post-147884-0-17648000-1441716089_thumb.jpg

Nice job Mike and Nikki (except for the botched net job). I saw you guys with the net out as soon as I got started Saturday the 29th.  It's been a pretty tough bite at Chq the last couple weeks.  I'm looking forward to the predicted cool down this week.