Chautauqua Musky Season

We got a late start at 3 pm,tried trolling south basin first,did not mark much at all and no hits.Water temp was 59 degrees near White Wall and 62 degrees near the bridge.Went toward Long Point next marked some bait fish but not much in bigger hooks.Water temp infront of Long Point Marina was 63 degrees.Trolled through Witney Bay and past Prendergast Point to near the Bell Tower 62 degree water there,deeper water was like a dead sea.We quit at 8 pm with no hits at all.Everything must be in the weeds around the edges,we should have been casting shallow.

Edited by mostlymuskies

• 2 weeks later...

I have not been back down to Chautauqua Lake,but I get texts from my friend Dr.Dave.He caught 4 muskies yesterday afternoon,so the trolling bite is still on.He is at number 98 muskies for the year using leadcore system,needs 2 more to reach 100 and 250 muskies recorded with Muskies Inc. To move to Masters Division. I'm sure he will get there today! Congrats Dr.Dave!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went fishing for Thanksgiving started out pretty slow with just a few lazy follows and then nothing , until right before sundown when in comes another follow.

After several figure 8's with no response I made the next 8 with the rod submerged to the reel and then back to normal depth again. As soon as the bait came to the surface she slashed at it and missed , by the time she got turned around the bait was coming right at her and she CRUSHED it.

post-149590-0-49790200-1448677624_thumb.jpg

Spent the last day of the season out on Chautauqua with Joey.  Bite was very good, boated a good number of fish with our biggest certainly being my heaviest of the season:

post-139486-0-61064500-1448918759_thumb.jpg

The other's we got that day were generally in that mid-30" class with one sub-30.  Certainly kept the action up though and was a nice way to end the season.  Going to have add more lunges to my Christmas wish list... My only fall trip down to Chautauqua this year and I was quickly reminded how great of a fishery it is - especially early spring / late fall time.  Hope you all have a great end-of-season! 

You guys defiantly ended the season on one hell of a good note!!! You guys defiantly know how to raise those monsters!!! If one didn't know better, they would have a hard time believing a persons story. The proof is in the pudding!!! Great job to all that put the effort forward. To all be safe, Happy Holiday's. PAP.