Cayuga lake

The lake has been messed up for temp. The fish have been off and unpredictable. Few more degrees and the bait will set up and game on! Find the right spot for temp and you will catch a pile. When the bait is super shallow the fish are easy to spook especially with the clear water kinda like how Brown fishing on Ontario gets bad without muddy water. Cannot wait to get back out...

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have been doing pretty well with the browns and salmon on Cayuga this spring. Lead core was the ticket earlier on, then stick baits off the boards as water has warmed up. Things have slowed down during the last couple of weeks. Got an 8lb brown and a 5lb laker on Saturday, fishing shallow on the south end. Haven't posted any reports, just too busy..... 

Here are some pics from a couple of weeks ago.

post-149402-0-78674900-1433181755_thumb.jpg

post-149402-0-19665400-1433181801_thumb.jpg

Nice healthy browns salmo. It's always nice to see silvers bigger than the lakers for the day!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by lakebound88

Thanks lakebound!

I haven't had much luck with the browns on Cayuga in the past, but it has been great this year. Almost all of the fish were nice fat footballs. Have only seen a few fish with lamprey scars, and only one of those had fresh wounds. I'm hoping Cayuga is on the up swing!