Conesus lake 5/30

That's a great catch. I'm not trying to be a jerk but I just thought you should know that you might want to take that picture down. There is a new law that if you are caught taking a picture of a fish that is out of season there is a $250 fine. Awesome fish though.

http://www.syracuse.com/outdoors/index.ssf/2015/05/new_law_photographing_fish_caught_out_of_season_a_ticketable_offense.html

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

That's a great catch. I'm not trying to be a jerk but I just thought you should know that you might want to take that picture down. There is a new law that if you are caught taking a picture of a fish that is out of season there is a $250 fine. Awesome fish though. http://www.syracuse.com/outdoors/index.ssf/2015/05/new_law_photographing_fish_caught_out_of_season_a_ticketable_offense.html

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

They squashed that, there is an article on here that states they will not pursue that part. I think the thread is " couple of pics of bass catch and release" or something like that.

The people in Wayne County's Office of Tourism are saying there is confusion over this. But you can take a picture. It may be they just don't want people fishing for surgeons in the Genesee River and taking photos of them.

I think it needs to be clarified. Also bass season is open, catch and release. I believe the rule states closed season.

In Canada walleye are pickerel...

The law applied to fish caught in a closed season. Bass is open for catch and release and therefore fish can photographed. The idea was to protect fish that shouldn't be targeted or caught in the first place.

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app