3.0 Mercruiser "kill switch"

DannyL

I getting my Islander ready for it's first outing and was screwing around with my shifter.
I always found it a bit hard to move and thought maybe the cable was binding. I had the engine out last year for the coupler and 

thought I might not have set them up properly. I knew the bottom cable was fine but I never really check the shifter to engine cable.

So all looks good redid the adjustment and was moving the shifter while looking at it on the engine and noticed the kill switch

cam doesn't move as it's supposed to. It should momentarily move when going for forward to neutral and reverse to neutral.

Now the $20 question is, does it only move correctly when the engine is running or it should engine off?
I don't feel like screwing with it once I get it the water, but If I have to.......

Here's a video my son shot while I was operating the shifter.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/arrpa6s2g3clrtl/AADm9gm_c3n-o18rwyBO9y_Va

Thx 

Danny

Edited by DannyL

Talk about nailing the question..... :lol:  should have one of those best answer things attached to Hank's post :)

Edited by Sk8man

Talk about nailing the question..... :lol:  should have one of those best answer things attached to Hank's post :)

And that was the best answer to the best answer!!! Absolutey 100% correct, I went through the same ordeal, set the boat in the water fired her up adjusted the cam and it hasn't given me any grief since.