Where to begin..... Had a last minute notion to trailer to Sandy but got going too late to trailer there. Next I wanted to launch out of Genny to avoid ibay launch circus. Durand blocked off for soap box derby... ibay it is! motor towards ship builders and set up in 75 w nne troll. had 5 rods in when i heard a ticking noise from engine area. slide out the doghouse and immediately see that the wire from coil yo dist cap is arking. shut down the boat. My buddy ace mechanic and 1/2 Mcguyver was assessing the situation as i pull the gear in. in the process of assessing things the coil wire ended in two pieces. thankfully Brett was able to delicately strip the wire and make a new connection and get us going again.

So get set up and at this point around 115-120 fow i think trolled out. to 200 with a few releases and get 2 steel and one laker on deck. not thrilled with action where we were, we turned and trolled in and could not get anything going at this point and in around 140fow. I reached out to some LOU guys and was told 100-120 was where best action was. Yup they were right as we got into those depths the screen brightened up and we were now into a somewhat steady pick. i was pretty pleased with the bite considering it was 230 when we picked up... not sure why i am getting up at 400am. when i always seem do better after 12p. ended up roughly around 16/20..boating around 5 decent kings in 10-16# range. had bunch of hits on wire that wouldnt hook up. picking lines had skippys on 3 of 4 high lines that were on who knows how long ssw, gator, nbk were working as usual.

A team effort for sure a big thanks to everyone that helped, esp. Brett for keeping us going... i would have packed up and headed in ..lol

Thanks FLX, nice job on sticking with it.  I always seem to be fishing too shallow in the I-bay area.  How deep were you fishing in the 120 fow range you were in?

Edited by BreakingBass

Thanks FLX, nice job on sticking with it. I always seem to be fishing too shallow in the I-bay area. How deep were you fishing in the 120 fow range you were in?

all kings off riggers 41-95 ft down over 100-120 bottom. lakers on bottom or roughly 300' wire 2 setting, skippys and bows on 2,5,7 color. without a probe i just drop gear where i am marking it on the sonar.

Good luck!