87 octane without ethanol.

Went over to the fast track station to get ethanol free gas and expected to have to buy premium when to my surprise, there was a sign saying :" New, 87 0ctane  ethanol free gas"  this might be the beginning of the end of ethanol laced gas.

Cornelis.

I think here in Henrietta it was in the $2.90 range. I think they started that due to all the complaints with lawn mowers and small engines burning up from the ethanol. It also gives them one hell of an edge cause I haven't seen 87 ethanol free any place else

In Henrietta I paid $3.05 on 5/30. Ethanol free 87 has always been available in Pittsford  just past the railroad tracks. I think it is becoming more available because, now that fuel prices have come down, it is cheaper without the ethanol in spite of ethanol subsidies. Maybe for once the farm lobby is losing its subsidy battle.

Edited by rolmops

In Henrietta I paid $3.05 on 5/30. Ethanol free 87 has always been available in Pittsford  just past the railroad tracks. I think it is becoming more available because, now that fuel prices have come down, it is cheaper without the ethanol in spite of ethanol subsidies. Maybe for once the farm lobby is losing its subsidy battle.

I think you might be on to something, because in Brownville just before Dexter that little gas station had 91 octane ethanol free gas which it never did before. The gas station is just before the Black River Camp Grounds and not far from Sackets Harbor, we pulled in around 3PM on our way up and we were 3 units back, not even knowing that was the ethanol free gas and it was only a few cents more a gallon.

The nation is awash with ethanol due to its poor mileage performance. It takes ten gallons of ethanol to travel as far as six gallons of gasoline will take you. It is time for this rip off to end. Our gasoline is now being exported so why is this still going on?

Not only that but the truckers who are hired to deliver the fuel have to add the ethanol to the tankers themselves. My buddy does this and told me that there is really no way of knowing exactly how much ethanol they are adding to make the ratio of 10% so it could be more or less. Plus our fuels prices would be even lower without the ethanol cause it costs more to refine it.

The nation is awash with ethanol due to its poor mileage performance. It takes ten gallons of ethanol to travel as far as six gallons of gasoline will take you. It is time for this rip off to end. Our gasoline is now being exported so why is this still going on?

This is very true and a handful of us knew this long before ethanol was even out, how did we know, well my uncle had 2 dirt modified race cars. One ran on high octane race fuel and the other ran on alcohol, the jets in the carbs were triple the size and that car took twice the amount of fuel, which after 2 years of having to deal with the fuel separating and going through all the horror stories you hear about carbs getting gummed up, we switched to regular race fuel, and never looked back

Before ethanol was even an issue my small engine repair guy told me that i would need a lot less carb work if I used High octane gas with synthetic mix and empty the tank and carb when i was done for the season.  I have and I have not been back to him since for carb work.  I run high octane ethanol free in everything but the autos.

Use high octane in everything but autos and have been problem free since I started doing that. Small engines were a real problem before that. If they are gonna be idle for sometime drain tanks and run dry. Will save a lot issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Most I/O engines need high octane fuel due to their high compression engines. Running low octane gasoline will damage the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Went over to the fast track station to get ethanol free gas and expected to have to buy premium when to my surprise, there was a sign saying :" New, 87 0ctane  ethanol free gas"  this might be the beginning of the end of ethanol laced gas.

Cornelis.

Most likely not the end of it because of the never ending subsidies for the farmers, and as you know, once you start these giveaways it becomes too difficult to take them away, but it's great to see more of the non ethanol in regular and higher octane coming to more gas stations.

Most likely not the end of it because of the never ending subsidies for the farmers, and as you know, once you start these giveaways it becomes too difficult to take them away, but it's great to see more of the non ethanol in regular and higher octane coming to more gas stations.

There is more than one way to stop a subsidy, but when changes in the market make a subsidised material obsolete,that will always be the most effective . This is an example of such a market  and soon enough some politician will claim this to be his achievement and the subsidy will die a natural death

Edited by rolmops

There is more than one way to stop a subsidy, but when changes in the market make a subsidised material obsolete,that will always be the most effective . This is an example of such a market  and soon enough some politician will claim this to be his achievement and the subsidy will die a natural death

Obsolete? With this president nothing ever seems to be obsolete no matter the proof!

How much more per gallon was the ethanol free?

Obsolete? With this president nothing ever seems to be obsolete no matter the proof!

Dude, I gotta lot of problems with the pres. but this issue was there way before he came to office. This is an issue from congress particularly those GOPers from the corn belt. 

Dude, I gotta lot of problems with the pres. but this issue was there way before he came to office. This is an issue from congress particularly those GOPers from the corn belt. 

I'm aware of that too dude. It's not just a repub issue.  It's also an issue of democrats from the corn belt and those dems not from the corn belt.

The EPA released a statement today stating that the use of corn for ethanol production costs more fuel than it produces. Interesting that they remember that little well known fact now that the fuel prices have come down.

The oil  industry is starting to target ethanol.

Edited by rolmops

Most I/O engines need high octane fuel due to their high compression engines. Running low octane gasoline will damage the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I think you might have that backwards. I/O have lower compression basically a truck motor making hp at low rpms where 2 strokes are high compression needing higher octane to eliminate detonation or spark knock.

Sent from my thinking chair...