First Ever Trip Rochester-5/30

Went out with Randy on the Surestrike on Saturday.  Pulled out of Shumway at 5:30.  As we cleared the river we turned toward a beautiful sunrise and headed east.  DSC_7138.JPG

Set up in around 70 FOW and trolled further east.  Ended up staying between 70 and 120 most of the day in east/west directions.  The one time we went deeper we saw nothing.  Using a mixed spread we caught a mixed bag of kings, steelies/rainbows, and lakers.  Wire divers and riggers took most of the hits especially on cheaters.  Hot spoons of the day were mahi mahi on the diver and orange crush on the cheaters.  Not much came off the boards, a few but not much.  We (I) lost what appeared to be the biggest steelie and salmon of the day very close to the boat but still did very well. We ended up keeping 13 fish and probably let half that many go.  

DSC_7233.JPG

Had a great time with Randy and Rick and are already talking about when we're going to head out again.  Big thanks to them both for answering all of our questions as we tried to learn the game a little bit.  

Let me guess ricky had his shirt off by 8.

I don't think it made it that long.  

He was an inspiration to us all...until the fish stopped biting then we put them back on.  

I was lost about 8 posts ago.  

Also a slight correction....based on time stamps from photos, Rick's shirt did its disappearing act somewhere between 7:51 AM and 9:20 AM.  There were pictures in that time, but not with Rick in them so it's impossible to nail it down any further.  

Edited by PhlyanPan