Chaumont bay , black river bay

fishon

Eyes are here, should be good providing the weather cooperates, I went this past Sunday in a monsoon, was tough controlling boat, we caught a mix of walleyes, smallmouths and pike, quit at 10:00.....couldn't take it anymore and were frozen, lol.....all the usual walleye hotspots should have fish, NOAH is forcasting a northeast wind that I usually don't like, but that could change. Good luck, hope the little guy has a great time, there is no better feeling than sharing your favorite passion with your children!!

I'll be up this weekend I hope too. I saw NOAA's NE wind forecast. How does that usually affect the fishing up there? Should I try anything different or just troll as usual? With the wind or against it? What speed seems to work the best? Just picked up some bay rats as well. Hoping to put a few in the boat!

I find trolling with the wind works better for me, usually a NE or N wind gives them lock jaw, but who knows, if there just comming of the spawn and staging in the bay it might be a different story.