Went out of I Bay Friday, 5/29.

Surface temps were around 52, and it seemed like everytime we found 47 degrees with the probe (parked at 90') we were taking hits. Most productive was around 110 FOW. Finished 9 for 11 with one King, 4 lakers, 4 Steelhead. Was an all spoon bite, and the darker colors produced the most hits. Took one Steelie on a flat line and he was doing back flips behind the boat before we could grab the rod.

Was pretty calm except for an occasional tug boat wake.

post-147321-0-76732400-1433339070_thumb.jpg

post-147321-0-13574400-1433339106_thumb.jpg

Got some underwater action on GoPro:

Skipper, is your video running at real time or is it edited faster?  Do you run a down temp/speed unit? How fast do you think you were going?  Videos are always educational thanks for posting.

Skipper, is your video running at real time or is it edited faster?  Do you run a down temp/speed unit? How fast do you think you were going?  Videos are always educational thanks for posting.

The video is running at real time speed (except for the one section slo-mo).

I was keeping the down speed (Moor) at 2.5, and SOG was around 2.9 on our Lowrance. I was surprised that our Sting Ray was spinning at 2.5, but it seemed to produce some looks and a couple strikes.

The video is running at real time speed (except for the one section slo-mo).

I was keeping the down speed (Moor) at 2.5, and SOG was around 2.9 on our Lowrance. I was surprised that our Sting Ray was spinning at 2.5, but it seemed to produce some looks and a couple strikes.

Skippers - thanks for this great information.

I also have a Subtroll and run it between 2.2 - 2.5 but didn't realize that in your video a Michigan Stingray size spoon was spinning at a downspeed of 2.5 on your ST. I also run these exact spoons and often at that speed.

Can you comment on your experience with lure action of any other manufacturers and when/if they seem to spin at certain speeds?

Thanks again,

Chris

Ok, makes sense.  I will usually run the stingray at 2 - 2.25 on the sub-troll as it is a lightweight blank. Steelhead like it spinning.....kings, browns and lakers not so much.