National Lake Trout Derby

I'll be out of Seneca Lake state park. Channel 68 either on my boat (Zebedee) or my old man's (A-Bow-time).

I thought about making one of those promises as my wife informed me that she took the kids to the park and as they were driving by the marina my 3 yr old daughter asked "Is that where Daddy lives?".....OUCH!

Pegasus ,ill be launching from severn with Jason his dad ,and my son .we will be fishing in the ,bla,bla,bla area where we have cought 3 derby fish in the last 8 years ,for directions to this hotspot keep your radio on ch#0U812.hope this helps ....Ray K.

Sounds like a plan. It looks like we will be there Friday morning. Just the wife and I. Everyone else that was gunna fish with us bailed. We took 4th on a Bow last year. Hope to see good weather, tight linea and heavy coolers. I really like beer ! Ithica apracot wheat HINT HINT. Cant get it here in PA. Anyway I hope to see some of you around the lake! Good luck and have a safe trip everyone!

2004 Trophy 1802 (dark green) 2001 Ford F350 Deisel (red)

2 dogs the wife and me .......................

We put a 6.42# brown trout on the board this morning and I was talking to Joe (No Clue) on the cell phone and he put a 10# ?? laker on the board. The biggest laker at this time (1ish) was 12.53#...........we thought they said my weight was 6.92# but see it at 6.42# next time I'll look myself.... :$

Fish-2008-05-Derby003.jpg

casey (my son )is leading the teenage by 1 /100th of lb.7.83 and ive got 3rd with rainbow with just under 5lb,give it another shot tomorrow,ima pooped,. thank goodness i had a BIG WEENIE behind my green spindocter( proctoligest) ars doctor/.

rabbit i didnt notice if you were still on thew board ,casey has droped to 4th and im in dead last 5thstill worth a couple hundred bucks if we can hang on .....comon guys ive spilled my guts here as to what has worked for me and rabbit,my son and myself are the only ones on the board...doesnt anyone pay attention ............... starting tuesday im gonna line you up and start all over... today was tuff for us maybe 25 of 2o0

Ray we didn't do good today thought we would run for rainbows and landlocks but all we got was one dink laker. Then we gave No Clues style a go and picked up a small laker for dinner jigging. One more shot in the morning I'm running MEAT................ :lol: ........still hanging on for 4th on the brown............

2008 National Lake Trout Derby Results

As Of Sunday May 25, 2008 at 7:04PM

LT Frederick R Reifsteck Jr. MA South Wales 13.11

LT James S Morse TA Lansing 12.53

LT Jerry M Perrin MA Clifton Springs 12.29

LT Justin J Campbell TA Naples 11.86

LT Michael T Kotowicz MA Branchport 11.26

LT James Chapman SR Clifton Springs 11.11

BT Jason A Harris MA Canandaigua 8.04

BT Bruce R Stenglein MA East Rochester 8.02

BT Paul T Powers MA Moravia 7.73

BT Edward Colegrove MA Montrose 6.42

BT Chad M Matwiejow TA Beaver Dams 6.19

RT Bruce W Miller MA Gillett 6.14

RT Francis A Kastreva MA Mt Top 5.44

RT Dan J Irland MA Macedon 5.41

RT Thomas S Duszynski SR Romulus 5.35

RT Frank J Geremski MA Liverpool 4.75

LL William T Frisk Jr. MA Beaver dams 6.63

LL Thomas A Willower MA Geneva 6.5

LL Dale T Gray Jr. MA Stroudsburg 6.47

LL Jennifer M McNeal FE Monroeton 5.19

LL Jason L Martin MA Waterloo 5.12

MA Stephen P May MA Bloomfield 11.04

MA Joseph R Bergen MA Lock Haven 10.73

MA Matthew J Bliss MA Newark 10.7

MA Michael T Sallotti MA Newark 10.5

MA John W Cosgrove MA Geneva 10.1

FE Shirley A Ellis FE Dansville 10.53

FE Katherine L Kotowicz FE Branchport 8.68

FE Marlea M Mitchell FE Geneva 8.58

FE Joanna Macinskas FE Rochester 8.04

FE Jennifer L Ruocco FE Alpine 7.89

SR John W Davis SR Conesus 9.95

SR David C McMillan SR Geneva 9.89

SR Donald E Beusman SR Rushville 9.39

SR Siegfried W Poreda SR Penn Yan 9.34

SR Kenneth L Marsh SR Geneva 9.23

TA Lindsey R Kaiser TA Buffalo 8.96

TA Ray Thomas TA Bloomfield 8.54

TA Jacob D Doty TA Watkins Glen 8.28

TA Christopher S Linkner TA Geneva 8.17

TA Lindsey R Kaiser TA Buffalo 7.98

JV Brenden M Kauder JV Clifton Springs 10

J Daniel J Jackson J10 Moravia 9.18

JV Sarah M Ingalls JV Syracuse 8.46

JV Noah T Lahr JV Geneva 8.19

JV Alan Mack JV Naples 7.9

Ray here is the leader board on line............

go here.....

http://www.senecamarine.com/

..................click on ....... Derby & Contest...............then

Click here for last years results cclick on the here...........a new window will open up...........then click on the Current Winners.............and you'll have the most updated board.............. ;)

I was 1st on Sat. with a 5.12 Landlock that came off the boards around 9:00 in 15 FOW on a Orangish Yo-Zuri stickbait. Pulled a couple 3 lb Browns and biggest laker has been 7 1/2

I was pulling some heftty lakers in a couple weeks ago...where are they now? today was tough. Got on the lake at 1:00 and was about 5/8 all lakers (biggest 5 1/2 lbs)

Good luck Ray and Erabbit on the board. Hit me up on 68. Maybe I'll see ya at the ceremony.

Well, looking at the list above :roll: I see I slipped to last place on the Landlock. Here's hoping for better fish tomorrow. Maybe I'll have to motor south and drop in Pegasus' wake and spy out Ray's hot spots :shock:

6:04 start we got to our spot late had a couple boats set up if front of us so we got in line .monday we hit the south end and rotted 3or 4 lakers and lost a nice top fish .hammer handle size on the lakers.did anybody do anything up north monday?(on seneca)

First off I wanna say I was glad to put some faces to the names here. Great to meet everyone we talked with. Second FLYS FLYS FLYS. We didnt place with any fish but we put enough on to keep busy all weekend. Also had enough beer and food for the next month. Well maybe just the food part. Anyway congrats to all who placed! We will see everyone next year! Team Bling Sportfishing and now AKA "ATOMMIK Justin"

We started in 15 FOW on High Banks and trolled south past Reeders Creek. At the creek a pink stick bait popped off and I look behind the boat to see some nice acrobatics. The old man takes the pole and gets him have way to the boat before his lips popped off! We caught about a dozen pike over the weekend in close like this. They smoked a few lures. We edged out and worked 80-100 FOW and were busy with Green Spindoctors and Green Flys and Green Dolphin Spoons. Biggest Monday was 6 lbs. I think we finished Monday 7/9

My 5.12 Landlock got edged off the board with a 5.19......guess I shoulda weighed it right away instead off letting it ride in the cooler. Nice job Mongo on the Brown! Congrats to everyone who made the board! what's next? Summer LOC I guess.

we were catching fish on everything we had, from spoons to flys. no one particular color. big weenie protogist, gynocologist, no see um green glow. spoon colors were blues, greens, purple, candy corns.

Saturday: on water at 7:15am first fish on rigger down 60' back 10' on a fly rig over 220' of water 4#+ brown trout. Same rigger picked up a 25" laker over 100' of water and the 6.42# brown working a shaol. Inline board took two pike 100' back small spoon first spoon was ruin by pike it was white cup grey back lined with black with a eye.........replaced with one close to that one that took the next pike. The 3 color core took a rip but we lost that fish also a small spoon. Picked up a dink laker on down rigger down 72' back 15' on a fly. We picked the bigger brown up and headed off the water to weight it in at 11:30 am. Back out at 4:15 pm and all we picked up was a small laker off the same 60' rig above.

Sunday: Ran across lake and south of where Ray was launching set up by 7:30 am nothing going for us had a good screen lots of bait but could not get any thing to fire did foul hook one small laker bringing up a deep rigger fly rig. Pulled riggers and worked to top with two inline boards and the core + one flat line down the prop-wash. Worked from 20' out to 80'. Saw some marks in and around the 72' and wind was down so we gave the jigging a go for a while. I lost 4 or so and landed one 23" for the table , my crew missed two each or more then the sun had us beat up so we went in about 2:30 now. Didn't go back out later just put took care of the sunburn.... :$

Monday: On the water and set up by 6:15 am working the east shore running some meat head on the inlines and core. Switched out the two fly riggs that have been near dead the past two days and dropped down dodger-peanut rigs. We picked up 4 lakers off these rigs down 92' back 15' and lost three none of any size. That was about it for us we came in just around noonish.